1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My First $1000.00 Day On Azoogle

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by aj22, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j0ned

j0ned Active Member

Best Answers:
    Updates For Anyone Interested:

Adword's Stats:
    28 Clicks - 13,949 Impressions - 0.20% CTR - $0.08 Avg.CPC - $2.28 Cost
    Code (markup):
    Commissions Today:
    $13.50
    Code (markup):
    I stayed up until 2-3am adding more adgroups and tweaking, tweaking, tweaking. I brought my Avg. CPC down from $0.30 to $0.08. Waking up and logging into CPAEmpire to see that $13.50 was VERY rewarding. Unless my calculations are wrong (which they probably are - roi calculator here) that's a ROI of 500% or more. I've yet to have my affiliate manager insert pixel tracking since yesterday was Friday (past business hours), so Adwords isn't reporting conversion stats, yet.

And for the "Gregs" out there, my method is totally legit. You might think I'm dumb for doing this, but I sent the site to my AM and he said it's awesome, complies with all the rules/terms/policies, so I'm pretty excited. Although I won't say I've found "aj's" method, I will say I've found my own method based on his extremely helpful information, and that's probably what he wanted to come of all this. My wonderful girlfriend (who's more in tune with the demographic) stayed up with me until 1 or 2 designing 25 landing pages, so I've got my work cut out for me today.

Lets keep this thread going guys - don't let one sour ass spoil it for all of us. Greg probably reported me which earned me 2 infraction points, but I guess it was deserved. At any rate, I'm still here and going strong. Share your stats so we can all make some FAT CASH!!! :D

j0ned, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  2. aj22

aj22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the update j0ned!

I got 4 infraction points myself - well worth the price of him getting banned.

Good luck rolling out more ad groups / landing pages. If I may make a suggestion - I'm guessing you are running a FlyCell on CPA Empire? If so, their eCPC is usually half of what you could get running a Dada or Thumbplay on Azoogle - I would get on Azoogle ASAP. They also pay more, you should be able to start around $15.25 per lead.

aj22, Mar 22, 2008 IP
    Spliffic likes this.
  3. j0ned

j0ned Active Member

Best Answers:
    aj,

Thanks for the suggestion; you're right about running Flycell. I did play around in Azoogle but couldn't find the same Flycell page design CPAEmpire offers. CPAEmpire has an "Electronic Blue" Flycell page that really fits in with the theme/niche/colors of my "cat food" landing page pretty nicely. The Azoogle FlyCell pages were ... not as good looking IMO. At any rate, you're right, Azoogle does have a better publisher interface and probably higher eCPC. There is no "universal pixel" feature with CPAEmpire (that I can find anyway) so perhaps my next campaign will offer up an Azoogle page :)

Thanks again AJ. If you're ever in Florida, hit me up dood - I'm so gonna buy you a brew. Got this nice place in town with over 50 imports on tap :D

j0ned, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  4. Bm1125

Bm1125 Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the update joned...

I also started my campaign (on yahoo) - my worst mistake ever.. it's seems like it is impossible to get my ctr over 0.5% ...

i got one lead so far (flycell azoogle) , clicks keep coming but leads not anymore so after 20 clicks ( from 3 different adgroups) i'm trying new landing page.

best of luck with ur campaign ;)

Bm1125, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  5. j0ned

j0ned Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bm1125,

I'm no expert, but 20 clicks is no where near enough data to gauge the success of a campaign. Also, try increasing your # of Agroups. One of my campaigns has 8 highly targeted adgroups with anywhere from 50 to 160 keywords, each.

Also, YahooSM's user interface doesn't compare to Adwords. I'm trying to figure out how to get the $90 back they automatically charged me for since my account balance was intentionally running low. Wasn't a fan of Yahoo! in '96 and can't say I'm a fan now...

j0ned, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  6. Bm1125

Bm1125 Member

Best Answers:
    Well yeah, but on one adgroup I spent almost $13 and that's what i get for each lead so u got what i'm saying ? :)

i will keep running it but i'll just add another ad for the second landing page .

Bm1125, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  7. j0ned

j0ned Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bm1125,

That's $0.65/per click!! You're bidding WAY to high dood. Try starting at $0.40, then gradually work your way to $0.10.

aj, this is a question for you, or anyone else who might know.

Do I need to register or add all of my sites to my CPAE or Azoogle profile in order to receive credit? I'd hate for them to terminate my commissions because of something like, "Well the sites generating the revenue were not associated with your account, blah blah blah."

j0ned, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  8. Bm1125

Bm1125 Member

Best Answers:
    it's even higher.. more like $0.87 per click.
    but i don't think i can decrease my bids cuz my current CTR is 0.17 now if i'll decrease my bid i guess it'll be even worse..

Bm1125, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  9. j0ned

j0ned Active Member

Best Answers:
    But does that really matter when advertising on the content network? I think not.. If your CTR decreases, make more ad groups with more keywords! :)

Aj: I took your advice and went with one of the thumbplay offers. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this "universal pixel" / conversion tracking works. I'm tired of seeing 0.00% in Adwords when I know that's not true :p

j0ned, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  10. aj22

aj22 Peon

Best Answers:
    as far as i know, no. azoogle only knows 2 or 3 of my sites, whereas i actually have a dozen or so.

aj22, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  11. aj22

aj22 Peon

Best Answers:
    CTR doesn't matter on content network. It's going to be low and terrible. You just want to be able to find a niche that gets you a high volume of clicks for a low CPC.

Also, get off YSM - not even YSM recommends using their content network.

aj22, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  12. j0ned

j0ned Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed. Adwords stats just updated - one of my campaigns has received 66 clicks for $5.20 - that's an avg cpc of $0.07-$0.08. I've yet to see stats any near that good in YSM.. Still wondering how I'm going to get my $90 back. If I close the account, is that money lost forever? I could *use* the money for advertising, but anytime the account gets low they automatically charge my CC. How obnoxious...

j0ned, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  13. Bm1125

Bm1125 Member

Best Answers:
    Well,

yahoo don't have content network ya know (they closed it)

and right now i'm doing kw research.. :)

ohh and aoubt your $90.. everytime after i open YSM account i make sure my account is on prepay deposit plan so they will not charge me automaticlly otherwise they'll charge you 10 times a day..

Bm1125, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  14. j0ned

j0ned Active Member

Best Answers:
    If that's true they sure haven't told me about it... See attached SS.

Also, just checked my account summary and it is set to "prepaid" yet they still auto charge...

Attached Files:

j0ned, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  15. Bm1125

Bm1125 Member

Best Answers:
    yea, it will show you as prepaid althought it's not. you need to ask them to change it to prepaid..

do you think "free ringtones" keywords can converts?

Bm1125, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  16. crackerjoe

crackerjoe Guest

Best Answers:
    somebody just told me that the website at alyajringtones.com is a blog. just set one up just like it at wordpress.com with brittney spears as the subject. so how do i get into the ringtones program? does it cost a lot of money? and how do i get people to come to the website?

crackerjoe, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  17. aj22

aj22 Peon

Best Answers:
    probably, but you would have your affiliate account closed and earnings forfeited for breaking the #1 rule in the ringtone universe :)

aj22, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  18. Bm1125

Bm1125 Member

Best Answers:
    Oops.. I forgot that...

lol. thanks anyway ;)

Bm1125, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  19. j0ned

j0ned Active Member

Best Answers:
    Someone had to tell you that was a blog? Just look at the head tags..
    <meta name="generator" content="WordPress 2.0.1" />
    Code (markup):
    Probably vulnerable to 5+ exploits, too. Your questions clearly indicate you haven't read the entire thread. In order to promote ringtone offers, you'll need to sign up with a CPA network (CPAEmpire, Azoogle, Neverblue(?)). Yes, it can cost a lot of money. You get people to come to your web-site however you'd like. PPC Advertising, SEO, Article directories, whatever...

j0ned, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  20. dickson123

dickson123 Peon

Best Answers:
    AJ, thank you so much for your nice summary.
    The mind behind the method is priceless.

dickson123, Mar 22, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.