1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review my game site

Discussion in 'Websites' started by mypoint, Mar 18, 2008.

1. mypoint

mypoint Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hey thanks shadyfellow, i was wondering tho does the white space look bad? and if i blend the google adsense ads do you think it will decrease the look of my site? like it may not make it stand out as much?

thanks!

mypoint, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  2. shadyfellow

shadyfellow Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think the featured games portion would look cooler if you somehow got rid of the whitespace and put some creative borders around the images and content, i'm sure you can get inspiration from established game sites on how to layout image links.

As for the adsense, I assume you are not making much money of that left vertical, they pay crap usually. You are probably better off blending it into your content. Here is the only type of page on my site I use adsense http://www.freewaregames.net/fwpro/game.asp?game=139

Use channels to test out different ad formats, if you can code make a script that rotates different ad styles and keep the ones that perform best, survival of the fittest ad :)

In my experience you got to hit the pages with the most traffic with blended ads for the best click through rates. You will probably get less clicks if the vistors already saw a google ad and recognized it as an ad before they get there. If visitor experience is not high on your priorities, you should try out link units too, they did pretty well for me once i tried out different ad colors.

As for adsense in general for game sites, it doesn't pay much. Try to set yourself up with some affiliate programs, check out BigFish Games PnP Program, Reflexive's affiliate program, and Azoogle's game affiliate programs.

shadyfellow, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  3. mypoint

Best Answers:
    thanks a lot this helped me tons!!!

i will work on the site :)

thanks again!

mypoint, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  4. SEOBusiness

SEOBusiness Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    clean and nice design,also great content.

SEOBusiness, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  5. frestea

frestea Banned

Best Answers:
    hmmm.... nice site..

frestea, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  6. Cash Nebula

Cash Nebula Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice site with interesting games and a cute logo. The Professionals reminds me of Counter Strike. ;)

I'd clean up the appearance of the ads, reduce the amount of whitespace, increase the font sizes, and put the banner codes somewhere else. That's the shortest privacy policy I've ever seen. Is Google cool with that? :cool:

Cash Nebula, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  7. mypoint

Best Answers:
    thanks everyone

i am still working on the privacy policy it will be done very soon :)

mypoint, Mar 21, 2008 IP