1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can I make money from this store

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by nicesurf, Mar 14, 2008.

nicesurf, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  2. chapicha

chapicha Peon

Best Answers:
    Electronics category is the good product to make a lot of sales.

chapicha, Mar 15, 2008 IP
  3. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    webwork, Mar 19, 2008 IP
  4. HiFiHiFi68

HiFiHiFi68 Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you not understand tenses? Is your reading skill below the mentally retarded level? Learn past, present and future tenses before you "created" any more of your mangled English posts.

HiFiHiFi68, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  5. freshdevelopment

freshdevelopment Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes its frustrating when people make mistakes, but there is no need to be so harsh. I have noticed you say things like this on a couple of threads and it is out of order.

This is a forum and people take shortcuts, write quickly and don't pay enough attention - but you can still understand what they are saying.

More importantly, many of the users on dp do not speak English as a first language and I have massive respect for those that make the effort to learn - I am sad to say I don't know any other language well enough to communicate in any way.

If it bothers you so much then say something by all means, but be constructive - calling people retarded is offensive and unnecessary.

freshdevelopment, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  6. swapanjkda

swapanjkda Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes you can might be it will take soem time. Don't lose your paitent...

swapanjkda, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  7. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    Translation: Hello, I am arrogant ignorant westerner. Hear me roar.

webwork, Mar 20, 2008 IP
    freshdevelopment likes this.
  8. HiFiHiFi68

HiFiHiFi68 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry but it literally gets me sick trying to read some of these mangled English posts that do not make any sense without trying to analyze them. I understand typos, and believe me I make typos, but they are usually for posts that are for a paragraph or 2. This dude writes one lousy sentence and its too much for him to see if its in presentable English or maybe he did and he has below 1st grade reading skills? It literally gives me a headache looking at these things and makes me wonder if the whole human race has brain damage.

HiFiHiFi68, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  9. freshdevelopment

Best Answers:
    I should have just ignored you like everyone else does.

freshdevelopment, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  10. freshdevelopment

Best Answers:
    Haha - you hit the nail on the head! :D

freshdevelopment, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  11. HiFiHiFi68

HiFiHiFi68 Peon

Best Answers:
    Your attacking the messenger but not the message There's no excuse for the OP mangled language.

HiFiHiFi68, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  12. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    You must have missed the memo. FYI: The internet is international, and not everyone in the world speaks English.

webwork, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  13. HiFiHiFi68

HiFiHiFi68 Peon

Best Answers:
    1. How do you know he's not from the US?
    2. If he can't communicate, how exactly is he going to do business with Americans.
    3. His wording makes no sense in any case and he can't even properly write other words out.
    4. If I was from another country, I would at least preface my posts with, "Appologies for my Language"

HiFiHiFi68, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  14. anarmyofme

anarmyofme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My question is:

Why would you pay a "professional" to build an Associate-O-Matic store? I (or you) could have used the same script and saved you some money!

anarmyofme, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  15. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Having a professional storefront is a must! You have less then a second to capture ones attention and trust, so design is very very important. I redesigned an Amazon affiliate site and it made a tremendous difference from the generic landing page that came with the script. If I may plug the site so others can see: http://www.offersindex.com

guru-seo, Apr 3, 2008 IP
  16. the Patrician

the Patrician Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree here. It is futile to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed individual.

For you folk who may not write perfect English - You just keep working on it.
    We who are here trying to make a living just like you will understand well enough and if it is that important to get a clarification we will just ask.

I applaud those who do try to figure out this crazy patchwork quilt of a language. If you are writing an article or a web page, find a FRIENDLY native speaker to review it and catch any grammar slips.

If you are just seeking information through a post, just give it your best shot and the NICE westerners will figure it out without pissing and moaning that it isn't perfect! :cool:

BTW: you may want to put a nofollow tag leading to your store or Google will come in and spider it all the time and run you out of bandwidth. I had one of the Amazon Associate-O-Matic stores a few years ago and Google alone used about 3-5 GIGS of bandwidth a month just looking through it.

the Patrician, Apr 3, 2008 IP
  17. mae

mae Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, HiFi --

If you're going to critique and criticize other posts due to poor grammar and misspellings, perhaps you should learn to spell yourself!

Appologies?? WTF??

Perhaps you're the one needing to apologize for calling the kettle black, eh pot? Geez........

mae, Apr 3, 2008 IP
  18. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Um....is this forum just open to Americans or those that speak english perfectly?
    When did the web become segregated ? I must have missed the memo, because last time I checked it was called, the WORLD wide web.:eek:

That is the exact arrogance that others in the world speak of when they say that Americans are ignorant, and think that THEY are the center of the universe.

Why would you be so mean to someone that comes looking for help...ON A HELP FORUM !
    If you can't understand the post, or need clarification, just ask..there is no need to belittle someone because YOU have a problem.

Let's see how well you fare when you need help somewhere, and you don't speak the language perfectly. I hope people are nicer to you when that happens.

hmansfield, Apr 5, 2008 IP
  19. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I am a big fan of black backgrounds, however, I think for an online store, it is best to go with white. It is a little more professional in my opinion.
    Also , you may want to include some information on privacy policies, shipping, and returns and refunds if you want shoppers to trust your site.

hmansfield, Apr 5, 2008 IP