1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

100 of the same site in same DMOZ category?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by snappingpig, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    How is it that this guy gets litterally about 100 of the same website (designed nearly exactly the same) with nearly the same exact description on the same category?

http://www.dmoz.org/Business/Accounting/Firms/Accountants/New_Zealand/

I think if he is allowed to have 100 sites in one category, I should have at least my main site (the one in my signature) in DMOZ. :D

How about if I dig out a bunch of these problems, a meta or editor here can add my site to DMOZ? I'm doing a long term project right now and will be going though probably the entire directory (and every website) within the top Business category, maybe an hour or more per day at least.

snappingpig, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  2. budalata

budalata Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, dont catch your point. And also - here is not the best place to discuss this "issue".

But - after brief checking of the first 5 listings...cant see nothing unusual. If you look at them, no matter that they are using similar template, they have totaly different contacts and so on.

Talking about the descriptions - its really hard to have different ones for similar sites, offering same services.

If you suspect abuse - please fill this: http://report-abuse.dmoz.org/ with some evidence.

If you complain about the quality of the listings, feel free to post here:
    http://www.resource-zone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12

But before losing editors time, please read the editing Guidelines, available here: http://www.dmoz.org/guidelines/

Regards

budalata, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  3. snappingpig

snappingpig Banned

Best Answers:
    Nah, I'm really not complaining about it, I figured the editors and metas would appreciate me pointing out some oddities or things that possibly need to be changed or just really interesting stuff. Since it's on DP, it's not really something required for the editors to do, thus not wasting their time. I've gone through a huge amount of sites already and I'm pretty happy about the quality anyways for the stuff I'm doing.

Basically I'm going to visit all of these websites and categories anyways so I'll just keep this one post here and add onto it the questionable and strange ones I come across. This is a DMOZ forum on DP isnt it? I'm sure anyone will want to read about the journey of the guy who will visit every website on DMOZ. Why not share something interesting if I'm going to go through all the categories and websites on DMOZ anyways.

snappingpig, Mar 18, 2008 IP
    Alucard likes this.
  4. budalata

budalata Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course, but till know - dont see oddity :)

LOL, yes ! There are not a lot of listings, surely you will find strange ones ;)

Can offer you better way of spending your time - after checking cats you have knoweldge about, and become more familiar with our editing guidelines - to fill the "Become an editor" form.

Regards

5. attick

attick Peon

Best Answers:
    Did someone say something about "unique content"?

attick, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  6. budalata

budalata Peon

Best Answers:
    No.

We can consider almost every single Business site for "unique" :)

nebuchadrezzar likes this.
  7. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Are you sure what your saying or is this just coming from someone who wants popularity and be viewed by the editing community as having donut points to gain something. It's pretty obvious. :rolleyes:

Here have another red rep from me. I hate people who kisses a$$ just to have that additional points to let the senior editors notice your expertise. :mad:

btw anyone wants to send red rep just make sure you sign it as I do.

popotalk, Mar 18, 2008 IP
    Ivan Bajlo likes this.
  8. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    we have to sign it too? I just drop greens all around the place and never bother to write anything, I'm to lazy :D

Ivan Bajlo, Mar 18, 2008 IP
    nebuchadrezzar likes this.
  9. budalata

budalata Peon

Best Answers:
    Was surrounded by persons who cant understand this at the Kindergarden.

websys likes this.
  10. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Likes to kiss *** and never see any oddity, exactly the type of editor that DMOZ senior editors love. :rolleyes::D

gworld, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  11. websys

websys Active Member

Best Answers:
    can't stop fingering , can you ... popo. what makes you think someone would be caring about your red's ?

websys, Mar 23, 2008 IP
  12. ameran

ameran Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I submitted my sites two years ago and still nothing positive.

ameran, Mar 30, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.