1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

High CPC keywords - any truth about this?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by GamingWare, Mar 18, 2008.

Hi all, I'm new to adsense, I read few pages of recent posts and didn't find any information about this...

I saw number of sites offering statistics and data about high payout keywords (they claim cpc of $50-80!!) and average no less than $2-10.

From what I read here, most people are getting $0.20-0.40 per click.

Any ideas? Is it really possible to target $10 per click keywords and is it likely to ever get such payout?

GamingWare, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  2. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I will be glad if I get any of those $10+ clicks.
    IMO, they are just crap, but some people reported that the got $55+ click.

Abhik, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  3. jonbuoy

jonbuoy Peon

Best Answers:
    It is possible to find out what it would cost to advertise using a particular keyword or phrase using the Google Traffic Estimator. Reverse the logic on that and you'll see how much you could earn (once Google takes their cut - Anyone know what that is?).

Costs to advertise on Google vary greatly and largely depend on the profit margin associated with a sale. For instance, using the Traffic estimator I can see that it would cost me between $11 and $17 per click to achieve high positioning for the term "life insurance" and that if I wanted to pay that, I could expect about 2500 clicks costing $25000 to $45000 per day. Sadly I don't have a site related to Life insurance and it would be next to impossible to build a site to receive that many visitors and receive my share of Google's advertising revenue for that term.

But that is an extreme case and there's plenty of other terms that you could steer your site towards and start to maximisew your revenue. For instance, if you had a site about jewellery, you could find out which brands of watch generated the highest revenue and set about building relevant pages to attract visitors and hence see your earnings increase.

Good luck.

jonbuoy, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  4. Homenet

Homenet Peon

Best Answers:
    the problem is there are a lot of high paying words out there that can get you $2 - $6 or so, but as soon as people find out about them every man and his dog makes a niche website on it and the market gets saturated thereby lowering the average pay per click dramatically.

Homenet, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  5. MoeAlexIT

MoeAlexIT Peon

Best Answers:
    my highest click was around $4 per 1 click but people said that this keyword CPC is from $28-$35 lol

but anyway still feeling good
    but the normal click on my other niches us around 0.10 some times less

MoeAlexIT, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  6. dailytechnotes

dailytechnotes Peon

Best Answers:
    The biggest I got was $8 but that was 6 months back. After that the maximum I got is $1 for about 2000 clicks. High paying keywords are there, but so rare it isn't worth going after them.

I have a site which deals with regional topics and the maximum I got is $0.1 per click.

dailytechnotes, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  7. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It is true that some words pay higher than others, however so many things have changed with adsense and there is no one set rate per click for instance an American click is worth more than a pakistani click or a unique article/page is worth more than a duplicate page with duplicate content, then there's the smart pricing and algorithm - so it's much more complex than just a set price per click.

thsadmin, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  8. Tudi

Tudi Peon

Best Answers:
    Please note that the sum is the highest CPC for the advertisers! You don't get anywhere nearly that much as a publisher (due to geotargeting, adsense/adwords fees, etc). And yes, it's true that some of those keywords are just marketing ploys.

Tudi, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  9. krisdude

krisdude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    high paying keywords do work....you jus have to learn to use the adwords external tool effectively....it works for me all the times. I get an average plus 25cent/click after lot of research on this topic.

krisdude, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  10. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes that's right 25cents and a little more sometimes, but not the incredible amounts of $20, $30, $40 and more per click that some people are claiming.

Nothing wrong with 25cents though - that's realistic and very good.

thsadmin, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  11. GamingWare

GamingWare Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks to everyone, the picture is clear now :)

GamingWare, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  12. spy1983

spy1983 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here you can find highest paid keywords:

www.sec1tane.com/earn

Regards

spy1983, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  13. The Stealthy One

The Stealthy One Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Yes, this is possible - most of these high-paying keywords are related to the medical or legal industries.

The Stealthy One, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  14. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The CPC will also go up and down all the time, they may still be high paying but often if you check, at least a third of the suggested CPC will be missing.

As always, its the simple part finding out the high payers, its actually making it all happen where the real challenge is.

pipes, Apr 20, 2008 IP
  15. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Here is a list of high paying keywords, but I Don't know whether this list is legit or not.

forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=783358

angilina, Apr 20, 2008 IP