1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Atheism is necessarily ignorance (no hate)

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Correctus, Mar 16, 2008.

1. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    I was exactly like that for the vast majority of my life as well.

I believe for the most part mainstream religion puts a bad taste in people's mouth.

webwork, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  2. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    Yep. Mainstream religion has a lot to answer for. What they do has nothing to do with what the Bible really teaches. If they could only pay attention just as it says in Isaiah 48:17-18.

Cheap SEO Services, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  3. Jackuul

Jackuul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I find myself more motivated without a God than with one, for without one and in its absence I can ascend to the role of god as World Dictator, and solve all the problems of mankind efficiently and quickly.

Free beer to all who support the effort after the Empire is a success.

Jackuul, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  4. bogtab

bogtab Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd vote for you (until you banned voting :)).

bogtab, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  5. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Indeed, people seem to judge the whole by looking at the worst parts of it. [Like deciding if a person is handsome by looking at his toes]

You can interpret the bible in many ways, as you can many other books of such wide scope.
    There are religious people who look at it in right ways.
    "The fool see's not what the wise man see's"

lightless, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  6. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    Yep. There's an interesting verse at Matthew 11:25 in the same manner :)

Cheap SEO Services, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  7. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hey dictator, what are you gonna do about greedy, power-hungry politicians? You know how most of them lie with impunity, even taking countries to war, and have no problem dropping atomic weapons or napalm on "other" people.

Wait, I have an idea, start your own religion. I am sure you can do better than Scientology... :p... Nay, even Scientology has failed. So, let me think of something else....

How about, you start a world-wide chain of "JacDonalds" fast-food. Then, you can mix Chemical X in your Big Jac burgers, so that everyone becomes a zombie...

Then, your dream of world domination would be realized... Ha Ha Ha Ha HA...:cool:

gauharjk, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  8. Correctus

Correctus Straight Edge

Best Answers:
    Have you explored the entire Universe for a God? I don't think so, I have explored my entire side for a chimpanzee though and I don't see one, I have also explored my fridge for elves and didn't found em either.

Also, Atheism DOES DENY God's or any other spiritual material's existence. I don't believe in the popular image of a God that is put forward by religions, I don't believe in an all caring omnipotent God, but I am open to all ideas and further research and anything that comes up, even though I don't necessarily believe in some images of God, I don't DENY them like Atheism does. Thats what makes me an Agnostic, I don't believe because I don't see anything proven yet, but I do not cancel the possibility of God's existence.

IT

Correctus, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  9. Jackuul

Best Answers:
    Political freedoms would be outlawed. However social freedoms would be extremely unlimited for the most part, creating a world where the people are free, but the politicians are not - since there will not be any. Laws and rules will be summarily archived in favor of a new world-wide rule guide at the top tier level, whereupon nations then draw up their own rules, which will be limited. Finally local states within countries would be allowed more freedom to write up their laws, and then in smaller segments more laws allowed.

There would be no World Income Tax, National level income tax, and only a sales tax at the state levels. The income for the much-reduced national level governments would come from a modest to minor sales tax. There will be no need for a national army, since it will be the Empire Army that controls defense, and at that it will be run with extreme frugality to the point of absolute efficiency while maintaining the ability to sustain warfare for an extended amount of time should it be necessary. Empire Government income will come from trade, and transactions.

The way the free world economy would work would insure that there would be many, many, many transactions. The only freedom that is effected in any major way is in fact Political. Remove the political aspect from the world for the most part and there will be less distraction for the people. Of course I know I would be imposing my political will upon the world, however in exchange I enable a free market, along with minimal taxation and as much social freedom as is possible.

There will be no wealth re-distribution and no major Empire Owned industries, except in the electrical energy sector, along with the inter-world road systems. I'd rather maintain power over electricity - thereby creating my no-coal, no-oil, no-gas electrical infrastructure. I expect that the first ten years will be very expensive, but in order to pay for it I would institute a system of investments that would eventually be paid back through surplus after the projects ended at double the value originally bought. I.E. you buy a 100 dollar stake in it, and in 20 or less years you get back 200 dollars. Eventually when the major world overhaul is completed the massive work effort will have trained a huge amount of the populations of the world in skilled labor, infusing the economies created by the upgrades with the workers it will need.

Ah yes... my Empire would be rather nice. I know it sounds idealistic - but why not? Strive for the best, and at least get half way - and you reach "good".

Jackuul, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  10. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That sounds like a good political model. Unelected Administrators running the cities and states exactly according to law.

but then you need to ensure every rule is followed and enforced. You can't really trust Humans. Use history as your guide.

Small, efficient and lethal Empire Army... Hmmm... That means you'll have to spend a fortune on R&D, which would never pay off, coz you won't be selling finished weapon systems to any nation.

You'll need a really large and loyal police force and intelligence gathering to crush any dissent and rebellion. No matter how good or efficient administrator you are, there will always be people wanting more power.

If I give you 100$ today, and you give me 200$ after 20 years, then it would not be fair. You know the "Time Value of Money"...

Money always looses purchasing power with time.
    History is the guide...

Absolutely, strive for the Best... :D

gauharjk, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  11. Jackuul

Best Answers:
    Inflation would be controlled by being on the gold standard. Purchasing power will be kept level, as with one currency and no over-printing it becomes much easier to control the actual power of purchasing per dollar or whatever unite I plan to use. Furthermore, I have not yet said humans would play an major role in the Empire Government. You see, I have ideas. However they will take a lot of research through computer systems and mapping of what DNA changes would cause in a long term model. I've never been against the engineering of a totally loyal force that will work for food - and be intelligent.

R&D would be cheap. Really cheap. Computer systems and programs would test everything before being put into use or built as a prototype. If it can be thought of, it can be researched via technological models that do nothing more than eat up hard drive space. Which is cheaper than building it and seeing if it works or not.

I forgot to mention the fact that the World Empire would be holding one major thing over the human population. Without killing or otherwise harming, the population deemed unfit to parent would be controlled by the revocation of the right to reproduction through reversible means. The determination of this would be made through extensive designed testing, which would take into consideration aspects of all areas of human nature. This way people who otherwise would be incompetent fools would have their ability to create life effectively controlled by the Empire. Criminals would automatically have this revoked, as would anyone attempting rebellion.

For violent offender the option of permanent nullification of their ability to procreate is on the table. It's all fun and games until you beat up Grandma Jones. Then comes the pain.

Jackuul, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  12. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Damn! That is an interesting thought process... One-World-Government... Perfect Citizens... Absolute Peace...

Do you play Warcraft too?

gauharjk, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  13. Jackuul

Best Answers:
    No? My plan is expansion beyond our solar system. By doing that the human race is insured survival for billions of years.

Jackuul, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  14. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    lol don't you guys have some work to do or something, you're having too much fun.

webwork, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  15. Jackuul

Best Answers:
    I wrote 100 dollars worth of stuff today, and I will hopefully do so again tomorrow for content and maybe sell the sites I want to purge myself from. I'm simply enjoying a trifle conversation about my future World Empire.

Jackuul, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  16. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    I worry about this too.

I am glad you're spearheading this issue.

webwork, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  17. Jackuul

Best Answers:
    Too often it is assumed that people who wish to be a World Emperor or Dictator (I prefer the latter title from its use in Rome [Sulla and Julius Caesar]) do so for selfish personal reasons that will only cause evil. They cite Mussolini, Hitler, Stalin, and many others. Where I differ is in the models of my government. Open trade, limited state, and abundant social freedom, whilst crushing political freedom and also ensuring the good of the gene pool.

My methods do not, and will never, involve homicide, genocide, or any other -cide. I prefer to not kill people, simply because I value life more than death. Sure, I might put some folk under house arrest or in prisons because they want to revolt - but it is because they wish to do that. I can't very well run an empire with every Tom, Dick, and Harry trying to usurp me. Plus they won't have the loyalties of the special areas in which much of my R and D will go. With total support of the government and military, I cannot be ousted by some McRebel. Besides, with most people living comfortably I don't see any conditions that would lead to a major revolt - but I will be prepared for the worst in any case.

Jackuul, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  18. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I should begin making plans to end Your dictatorship and overthrow you. Every Dictator Breeds A Revolution.
    Or shall i inform Mr George Bush of your dictatorship and future plans ?
    He'll be glad to get rid of another dictator and install democracy.

lightless, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  19. iul

iul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    why does the universe and life have to come from something? Because our human mind demands the answer?

There are many things readily accepted in our minds without questioning them. Why would a belief in leperchauns be extempt? Because someone says so? It needs deeper thinking than that.

OK, so are you a leperchaun believer now? Have I convinced you of their existence? I mean, why wouldn't you believe in them, santa claus, the easter bunny, etc. simply because other people say they don't exist.

iul, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  20. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, let me rephrase it. Have you looked in your fridge for banjo playing elves in the last 5 minute? No? Do you believe there are banjo playing elves in your fridge right now?

stOx, Mar 18, 2008 IP