1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

10 Biggest Blunders you can Make on eBay!!!!!!~~~

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by whiteblue1942, Mar 17, 2008.

10. Bad or No pictures.

A picture is worth 1000 words. It is all they have to go on. A bad quality pic or none at all is one of the worst blunders there are! Difference in a good and bad pic could mean $100's literally.

9. Not choosing bold.

Read the studies people! Bold your listings. A dollar may seem like a lot for a listing but it ads 40% average to the sell price! so unless ur selling gumballs cough up the extra buck. youll thank urself later trust me!

8. Short Descriptions.

More is better than less. People cant see the product and the description is all they have. They are most likely not going to take the effort to ask you for more details. Instead they are just going to find a new listing!

7. One picture.

Whoever only has one picture of their item is a complete idiot. More pics = more money. But is cost extra to list..... SHUT UP! You need atleast 3 pics or no one will ever trust ur description.

6. Over charging for shipping.

People wont trust you when they see 15$ shipping for that pencil case. Raise your selling price and offer free shipping. When people see FREE SHIPPING they go crazy.

5. Start your auctions out at a penny.

Not only will you create a bidding frenzy, but it will cost TONS less to list ur item. Any genius on eBay starts all listings at one cent and lets the people do all the work for them. After all, you think people are going to let your new corvette sell for 5$. Try it once and thank me later.

4. Listing at the wrong times.

Monday and Sunday night are your best chances, most traffic. Dont sell footballs or bibles on sunday cuz the people who would buy em proably are doing something else. Get my point?

3. Buying off people with bad feedback.

You know if you do this one, then good for you, im not even going to explain. Its better the dumb ones get screwed anyway... And btw anything less than 98% is bad

2. No paypal.

Paypal is the blood of eBay. Without it you can kiss your earnings goodbye.

1. Not bidding at the last second!

By far the # 1 dumbest thing you can possibly do. Why the heck wouldnt you. It will only want to make people bid over you! If other people see no ones bidding on it, they wont bid either! Wait till the last second and snatch it away from all other bidders. Plus then no one will be able to bid over you. And to all the people who ignore this rule I would like to say one thing, thank you for your money! :)

whiteblue1942, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  2. maste`

maste` Peon

Best Answers:
    nice guide, you should make an ebook...it's gonna be more interesting than some others being sold these days..

maste`, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  3. Agent_Dweeb

Agent_Dweeb Peon

Best Answers:
    From my own experiences.

Buying an item which doesn't support PayPal :eek:!!

Agent_Dweeb, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  4. whiteblue1942

whiteblue1942 Peon

Best Answers:
    haha yep that ticks me off. i dont know why the heck unless you knew you were only going to sell one thing in your entire life that you wouldnt just open a paypal account. id rather have my paypal account than my checking accoutn!

whiteblue1942, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  5. Yankee0306

Yankee0306 Peon

Best Answers:
    I accept PayPal and it works just fine. But when I get a money order I get to keep it all.

Yankee0306, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  6. eHoez.com

eHoez.com Peon

Best Answers:
    ship itmes to non-confirmed paypal customers

guranteed chargeback

eHoez.com, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  7. unlockediphonesite.com

unlockediphonesite.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good summary.

I agree with him, I HATE paypal.

unlockediphonesite.com, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  8. nickswift

nickswift Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    nickswift, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  9. fuzzbuzz

fuzzbuzz Active Member

Best Answers:
    great advice. point 4 is good. Need to catch people when they are at home or office.

fuzzbuzz, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  10. cjames83

cjames83 Peon

Best Answers:
    I like #s 6 and 4! I get a kick out of when you question someone on their shipping and they come back with 'it includes packaging too!' take the pencil case example... throw it in a bubble wrap envelope for 99 cents!!! Then you get the package and the postage is clearly marked on the package. Oh I paid $15, but it show $1.50 here!??

Also, number 4 is funny because I once listed an item at I think 8am Atlantic time, which would be 7am EST, 6am Central time, etc, etc. Needless to say there weren't any last minute bids.

cjames83, Mar 17, 2008 IP