1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Content Network Problem

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by killafawk, Mar 16, 2008.

Yesterday I tried something new and put a bunch of keywords more towards content only and bid like 25 cents for the search keywords and in most cases i just turned the search aspec of the campaign off.

Well i've done this before with content and with one of the tester campaigns adgroups it was getting like 100 clicks a day so i decided to try pushing content network massively and i created 3 more ad groups and next thing you know im spending like 70$ in 2-3 hours.

I dont have a problem with that since i was getting good conversion and profiting...but those campaigns that got me spending that much and getting me conversions literally died 3 hours after i have turned them on (my campaigns run on a time limit).

This is really strange because i stopped getting clicks and it kinda leveled off. So im guessing google stopped my campaign? for what ever reason, so i decided to create 3 more adgroups and try it again and see if i could replicate it. yesterday i put up 3 more adgroups and now its today and there gettign like 100 impressions thats it. not 100,000 like yesterday.

Whats wrong? Is google stopping my campaigns? if so why do you think they would? i thought they had to approve ads before you can run on the content network.

Oh btw when i put the keywords in for the new adgroup they get instantly priced at 5-10$ keyword bids. which shouldnt matter right since i'm aiming for the content network not search.

anyone have any idea whats going on?

killafawk, Mar 16, 2008 IP
    iggysick likes this.
  2. robertpriolo

robertpriolo Peon

Best Answers:
    what industry were you promoting. It might have been due to latest press releases or market news. If you were promoting something in the news recently that might have caused a spurt of interest resulting in massive impressions and clicks. I see it all the time with dormant content campaigns then all of a sudden in 1 day millions of impressions and clicks, then back to normal the next day.

Remember content may fluctuate dramatically based on world events, news, hot industries and real time world interests.

$5 - $10 keyword min bids is common for content campaigns, but don't worry about it.

robertpriolo, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  3. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    for ringtones

4. robertpriolo

robertpriolo Peon

Best Answers:
    there are a lot of regulations based around ringtones since many people have been burned. Your account, campaigns and text ads may be under review, which would explain the reason for turning things off all of a sudden.

If your campaigns and website passes review, get ready for another flood of impressions and clicks, since you added 6 new adgroups they may get turned on all of a sudden again.

robertpriolo, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  5. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    i thought they had to be reviewed before they could be turned on? btw im guessing most of my keywords dont have anything to do with ringtones is that bad for me or is it ok since im on content network.

6. robertpriolo

robertpriolo Peon

Best Answers:
    bad, you still need relevancy.

robertpriolo, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  7. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    makes sense, i guess ill just gather up groups of keywords that have relevancy and then create a landing page about those keywords and then advertise ringtones around the article or something.

killafawk, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  8. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    GuyFromChicago, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  9. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah my position was at like 6, but my content bid was at 40 cents so... and i was getting top positions 3 days ago for like 17 cpc so i mean if i cant get in the top positions with 40 cents i doubt i wanna bother with it.

actually now that i think about it. I think it is just my position. I upped my bid. Im still getting content impressions 5-10k per day with average position being like 6 so i upped my bid lets see what happens.

killafawk, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  10. chancho

chancho Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm experiencing the same problem.. for the entire month i enjoyed great conversions on the content network with tons of impressions and clicks.. now today the impressions are allot less and conversions low. I raised my bids, wrote new ads and put in some more relevant keywords to the adgroup.. Will See tommorow!.

chancho, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  11. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    created a new campaign again today to see maybe if it was just the weekend or something. so far the impressions are still low even though i put the campaign content bid at 1$ maximum. Either there taking really long to get accepted or im gonna have to make like 200 different landing pages for all my keywords haha honestly if i have to do that i dunno what i should do. I have an idea but i dunno if it will actually keep my impressions and clicks up longer than a few days.

killafawk, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  12. PPC-Coach

PPC-Coach Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you had a big burst out of the gate, it's because google didn't realize you promoting ringtones with unrelated content. When they figured it out, they slowed things down for your campaign. You need a transition between the unrelated ad ->related content -> ringtones.

Also $5 to $10 bids do not happen on the content network.

PPC-Coach, Mar 19, 2008 IP
  13. Goobsta

Goobsta Peon

Best Answers:
    So your saying re-do keywords to make it more related to your content

Goobsta, Mar 19, 2008 IP
  14. darkmessiah

darkmessiah Peon

Best Answers:
    You should be doing that anyway.

darkmessiah, Mar 19, 2008 IP