1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Frustrated with making no money

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by andyj00, Mar 16, 2008.

Hi all,
    1st post and looking for a little advise on Adsense. :)
    I have built a website which went live on 1st March. I added Adsense to the site about 5 days ago. My site is:

http://www.setupwirelessrouter.com

However, I'm only getting around 40-50 unique visitors a day and have had 0 clicks in Adsense. I have got a friend to click on a couple of ads to make sure its working ok, and it is.

My question is: why am I getting no clicks?
    Am I just being too impatient? Am I doing anything wrong? Also it appears that many of the Adsense ads that appear dont always seem too relevant.

I'm getting high placings (often 1st page) on Google as you can see from these searches:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=belkin%20wpa%20password%20mac
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=how%20to%20set%20up%20a%20secure%20wireless%20network%20with%20a%20belkin%20router&btnG=Google%20Search
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mac%20address%20location%20on%20pc%20laptop&btnG=Search&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=B9O

I've summited to lots of web directories and social bookmaking sites for backlinks.
    But my traffic is still low? So, where am I going wrong?

Any help would be appreciated. :);)

Cheers.
    Andy
    UK

andyj00, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  2. RatDog

RatDog Peon

Best Answers:
    The first thing you need to do is stop doing that sort of thing. Otherwise, you're going to lose your account altogether.

The clicks will come. Just keep creating good content and the ads will become relevant.

Good luck.

RatDog, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  3. Xaver

Xaver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Andy.

40-50 unique is not to much, but it should create something around 1-2 clicks.
    You may achieve improvement by adding more Ads or place them differently.

Otherwise goodluck.

Xaver, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  4. gunners

gunners Peon

Best Answers:
    yah no matter what dont do fake clicks as it will let you ban and once you are banned from google its impossible to be back with new account

and to earn about even $100 a month you need to make your websites with atleast 4k-5k vistors

gunners, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  5. InternetMarketingPro

InternetMarketingPro Banned

Best Answers:
    I believe that it is the placement and Ad Unit types that are causing you not to obtain any clicks from the 40 - 50 uniques a day. Try using a Link Ad Unit in place of the leader board and place your wide sky scraper above the fold. This WILL increase your CTR.

InternetMarketingPro, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  6. andyj00

andyj00 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Cheers guys for your comments.
    I hear what you are saying about falsely clicking on links. That wont happen again - I was just curious as I'm new to all this :).

So is doent look like I'm doing anything completely wrong then? lol!! Think I'll continue to add content and maybe put a few Articles or Blogs up and link them back to my site. Think it is still early days yet, but am keen to see results ;). I dont expect a lot of clicks at the moment - but even if I had 1 or 2 clicks a day would be nice though!!!!!

Cheers.
    Andy

andyj00, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  7. Proximity

Proximity Banned

Best Answers:
    Get yourself as much traffic as you can.

Proximity, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  8. andyj00

andyj00 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, great advise - I'll look into that, thanks. I'm a newbie so not really sure at present what is best.

Thanks.
    Andy

andyj00, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  9. andyj00

andyj00 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, this is the name of the game!! I've got a few ideas for that. I'm following an online course at present which is very helpful indeed.

andyj00, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  10. stackman

stackman Peon

Best Answers:
    You have a good site and the top ad is good. I suggest moving the left-bottom ad and using another format to make it more visible.

Technical sites such as yours are traditionally difficult to make money on because technical visitors don't click ads as frequently as non-technical people. It's not impossible, it's just harder.

What you need most is trafffic, traffic, traffic. Even with low click rates, you can make some money with enough traffic. You should try to find something unique to do that makes your site stand out. There are probably millions of sites about wireless networking, including those from the companies that make wireless products. Currently, I don't think your site offers anything that those other sites don't already offer. Find something that makes your site different, better, or compelling.

stackman, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  11. andyj00

andyj00 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, thanks for your advise.

andyj00, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  12. andyj00

andyj00 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Right, I'm just playing around with the Home page. I've put a Ad Unit in place of the leaderboard. Also not sure what you mean when you say "place your wide sky scraper above the fold"??? I assume you mean move the ad block above the left hand side menu?? I have done this anyway for now.

I'd like to know your comments please? Leave it as it is, or change it back?

Cheers.
    Andy

andyj00, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  13. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    I would blend those ads a little more. What has worked well for me in the past on technical sites is two large rectangles side by side above the fold usually right bellow the heading or title. The ad text would be the same color as the content text.

Also consider submitting a few articles to article directories to get some long term back links. Web directories are great but article directories can also give you some powerful back links and create some extra traffic especially when other publishers reprint or publish your content on their site with links back to yours.

reapr, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  14. andyj00

andyj00 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your advise. ;)

andyj00, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  15. Kerwin

Kerwin Peon

Best Answers:
    just get some more traffic try to invest 20.00 dollors with adword it work of me so i guess it can work for you.

Kerwin, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  16. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Traffic traffic traffic this is the thing

w3bmaster, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  17. xXKingdom_SEOXx

xXKingdom_SEOXx Peon

Best Answers:
    Whatever you do, don’t ask or do so click your ads.

xXKingdom_SEOXx, Mar 16, 2008 IP