1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO questions

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by bl4ckmaN^, Mar 16, 2008.

My page is already indexed with Google. If I make any changes to it, will Google automatically index the new version of the same page? How will it take?

Would it be faster to get indexed if I delete the old page, and create a new?

bl4ckmaN^, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  2. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Google will reindex the page if/when it needs to do so. Keep building those backlinks to your site - both to the homepage and to internal pages - and soon Google will visit much more often. At present how often does Google crawl your site?

Spider-Man, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  3. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Spider-Man

It catches me pretty quick. Maximum a day to index a new page. However, it's different for specific pages. When I create a new page, it might get indexed quickly, but there are some pages written quite long time ago, which still are not there.

I think it would be faster for me, to repost my pages, because for Google it will take much longer...

4. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Have you created a sitemap and submitted it to Google? If you need a page indexed quickly, just Digg/Stumble it - a couple of times, not like 30+ times from the same ring of guys doing it in the B-S-T thread. Keep it natural-looking ;)

5. bl4ckmaN^

Best Answers:
    Sitemap? How should I do that?

BTW, yes, I do stumble and digg my pages.

6. wd_2k6

wd_2k6 Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't delete the page, just edit it and you have to wait for it to get crawled again, which as discussed already can be sped up via sitemaps, submitting to directories etc..

As for sitemaps, you can write one manually: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/docs/en/protocol.html

Or you can have one generated automatically for you:

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/docs/en/sitemap-generator.html

There are other generators out there i'm not sure which is the best. There is a "Sitemap" section on these forums you might want to check out for futher info.

wd_2k6, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  7. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Firstly, how big is your site? If it's small, less than 500 pages, use this. If it's a big site, or if you have multiple sites, I would suggest the A1 Sitemap Generator software - it's great. Then upload the sitemap.xml file to your server, then in your WMT account (assuming you already have a Google Webmaster Tools account set up) - submit your sitemap to google. This helps google know what links it should attempt to crawl.

learn2earn likes this.
  8. bl4ckmaN^

Best Answers:
    wd_2k6

How long does it approximately take to update the page? I am waiting already two weeks for a page to be indexed in a new version.

9. wd_2k6

wd_2k6 Peon

Best Answers:
    What should be appearing differently, the only things i can think of that the SE shows is:
    the title of the page
    and the 160 words description of the page

and if you are needing to change those, that means you have changed the content of the page.. if you have done this it is better to keep the old page and make a new page so you are keeping both if you understand.

wd_2k6, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  10. InternetMarketingPro

InternetMarketingPro Banned

Best Answers:
    Create a Google Webmaster account >> https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/docs/en/about.html

Create an xml sitemap of all of your pages. Upload the xml file to your web server. Create a website profile in your Google Sitemaps account. This will help get your new content spidered quickly.

InternetMarketingPro, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  11. bl4ckmaN^

Best Answers:
    Let's say if I deleted a page from my website, should ask Google to remove it from search results? (Request URL removal from G WM tools)

12. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Only after you've deleted it AND blocked it via a robots.txt file. Then Google will remove it from their listings, usually within a couple of hours.

13. bl4ckmaN^

Best Answers:
    Thanks for help. Now need to make Google index the new pages....Social networks, sitemap, what else?

bl4ckmaN^, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  14. Mitchelle Johnson

Mitchelle Johnson Banned

Best Answers:
    I thing you shouldn't go for deleting old page. Else, do proper linking of that updated page with other relevant and good pr page....

Mitchelle Johnson, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  15. Marko8

Marko8 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi. If you need to notify search engines about updated sitemap files try Sitemap Writer Pro. It is a powerfull tool that helps you to create and keep up-to-date sitemaps for your websites.;)

Marko8, Jan 12, 2009 IP