1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MYSQL Help Required! Can't Access Website.

Discussion in 'MySQL' started by distinction, Mar 9, 2006.

Just transffered over a website to a new host and then used the backup option on cpanel to upload the files back up but the website comes up with the following error..

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'myspacei_drpl1@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/myspace/public_html/includes/database.mysql.inc on line 31
    Access denied for user: 'myspacei_drpl1@localhost' (Using password: YES)

meaning that I can't even see the website just this error!

URL is myspaceicon (dot) org

Anyhelp would be great!

distinction, Mar 9, 2006 IP
  2. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    You would have a config file for your mysql connection for your website, check the values of those as the database name/password may be different.

sji2671, Mar 9, 2006 IP
  3. blinxdk

blinxdk Peon

Best Answers:
    Does the new host have mysql running with the same username and password allowed as your old host? If it's a different hosting company, then I doubt it and you'll need to acquire the new credentials you must use.

blinxdk, Mar 9, 2006 IP
  4. Mozzer

Mozzer Peon

Best Answers:
    Bit of a nightmare id you didn't totally back up your database along with your website. Not only will you data be lost but the exact structure and naming conevent of your tables will have to be re created.

If you have all that then as above create a new database on the new sever and upload.

You may want to check (if you have the IP address of your old host) that your old database is still being served. I have a MySQL database that still online 2 years after I closed the HTML web server down.

regards

Mozzer, Jul 29, 2007 IP
  5. dman_2007

dman_2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    seems to be working fine now, is the problem solved?

dman_2007, Jul 29, 2007 IP