1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any Good Ways To Obtain Backlinks?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mjgiorgianni, Mar 14, 2008.

I was told to stay away from the link exchanges. What other ways are the to obtain good backlinks "internal or external", <- don't even know what that means.

Thanks,
    Michael

mjgiorgianni, Mar 14, 2008 IP
    Vic_mackey likes this.
  2. Hakkairu

Hakkairu Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Um Directorys? And Link exchange is useful why stay away from it

Hakkairu, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  3. dspohn23

dspohn23 Peon

Best Answers:
    Internal Links are links between the pages on your site. External links are links from other sites. Backlinks are usually considered External Links.

Some ways to obtain external links:

You can write articles and submit them to article directories. In the footer of the article, you can add links to your site(s). I run niche article directories at: http://www.freearticledirectories.com/

You can also submit your content pages to social bookmarking sites like: digg, stumbleupon, reddit

Also look for do-follow blogs that you can comment on. Do-follow blogs are blogs, that do not use the rel="nofollow" attribute in their comment links.

dspohn23, Mar 14, 2008 IP
    niessuh likes this.
  4. mjgiorgianni

mjgiorgianni Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, that helps a lot!

Best Regards,
    Michael

mjgiorgianni, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  5. FredRoe

FredRoe Guest

Best Answers:
    FredRoe, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  6. dvdAuction

dvdAuction Banned

Best Answers:
    i agree with dspohn23..
    link exchange is also good but make sure that you link exchange with those site that has the same niche as yours.. and also avoid those bad neighbors...

dvdAuction, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  7. exinrex

exinrex Active Member

Best Answers:
    you can also try rss submission and posting on classified ads website.

exinrex, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  8. coolfriend

coolfriend Peon

Best Answers:
    Thnx to all of you who have posted above. Those are really very informative posts.

coolfriend, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  9. rosiee007

rosiee007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Write and publish quality articles on your site / blog as link baiting. The quality articles will get links from different websites. Also go for directory submissions.

rosiee007, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  10. alienated

alienated Active Member

Best Answers:
    Provide some really useful tools like web counters, etc,.

alienated, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  11. reallykool

reallykool Peon

Best Answers:
    you can gain external links by submitting articles to article directories. However, you need to submit unique articles to each one. there are nearly 500 article directories so you could theoretically gain 500 back links. however assuming that you've already signed up with an account for each one, you're probably looking at 20 minutes per unique article and about 3 mins to submit it. this works out to a whopping 159 days!!!!

I did some research and there are companies that will let you create numerous permutations and combinations of a single article (to get over the unique content issue) and will auto submit them for you.

Unfortunately, they ALL cost money. I did some research and last week signed up for jetspinner & jetsubmitter.
    Jetspinner is a free tool that lets you create multiple versions of a post. Jetspinner is an addon feature that autosubmits the article to over 450 directories. Jetsubmitter costs $17/month. however, it costs only $1 for a 3 day trial so you can learn how to work it. Even if you don't like, it will have created accounts at all 450 directories so unless you make like 4 cents/hr its worth it just for that!!!
    and see if its right for you.

It takes about 10 minutes to figure out how to use jetspinner. I took an existing article and via a simple system of multiple word selection, which it randomly chooses from, you quickly have multiple unique articles with unique titles too. you can add your bio data with whatever anchor text you want pointing back to your site, thus providing the necessary backlinks. Jetsubmitter also has a feature that spreads out the submission over multiple days so google doesn't get suspicious that you're creating your own backlinks!

Here's a signup link. Its an affiliate link and you can use it if you feel generous. I am using it myself, I'm not just trying to promote it.

reallykool, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  12. falguni1

falguni1 Peon

Best Answers:
    this post was useful.

falguni1, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  13. choicefreedom2000

choicefreedom2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    My dear friend
    There are numerous ways to get backlinks and all are full proof. Also I will always recommend everyone not to buy text link adds, paid directory, reciprocal link exchange though it is with relevant sites because all this methods either needs money or will not give any better result.

First thing to do is onpage factor and with that side by side you should start off page implementation also. So about offpage you can submit artilces, free directory submission, social bookmarking, blog posting, press releases, forum posting, free classifieds, reviews on various sites, blog comments and much more.

choicefreedom2000, Mar 15, 2008 IP
  14. mjgiorgianni

Best Answers:
    You guys are awesome, thanks for all the assistance.

Thanks,
    Mike

FreeBundles Com - Free Electronics & More!

mjgiorgianni, Mar 15, 2008 IP
  15. golova

golova Peon

Best Answers:
    mjgiorgianni, one quick thing you can do right away is to put URL in your signature as an anchor text instead of plain text. Most forums allow this (including this one). And it will give you absolutely free links.

If you search these forums you will find 100s of other ways to get links.

golova, Mar 15, 2008 IP
  16. mjgiorgianni

Best Answers:
    Account is too new for that right now. Thanks & appreciate all the info!

Best Regards,
    Michael

mjgiorgianni, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  17. Vic_mackey

Vic_mackey Banned

Best Answers:
    This isnt exactly to do with link building, but it will help you. You should consider stopping the keyword spamming and un-natural techniques. I can count 10 links on your index page all with the anchor text "free electronics", do you think this looks natural?

And this would come under keyword spamming:

An easy rule of thumb to work by, is does the text you're considering putting in your page read easily and make sense to a human? If not, it should not be there.

Sorting your onpage stuff is going to make it far easier to get backlinks - there is zero chance I would point any links at your site from any of my ownwhile you are using tactics I've described above.

Vic_mackey, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  18. Robinox

Robinox Active Member

Best Answers:
    Classifieds ads posting is good idea. This drive lots of traffic to your page.

Robinox, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  19. arcel

arcel Banned

Best Answers:
    classified ads and blogging are good ways to obtain backlinks. plus it also helps you in promoting your site.

arcel, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  20. mjgiorgianni

Best Answers:
    Crap, didn't know that's what it was. I don't want to be pegged as a keyword spammer. Thanks for the advice. I will take it off.

Best Regards,
    Mike

FreeBundles.com - Free Electronics & More!
    TargetHitz.com - Maximize Your Marketing!

mjgiorgianni, Mar 19, 2008 IP