1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Writing Articles for BackLinks

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by websiteideas, Mar 3, 2006.

1. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    More likely than not an article is likely to get picked up by relevant sites. Even if the page rank of these pages are Zero in many cases, the fact that its on a relevant site must count for something. I find a travel article for example always gets picked up by other travel sites. Besides, some articles get picked up by a lot of pages ranked PR 2, 3,4 and even 5 at times, if the article is exceptionally good. A very good article I distributed got picked up by quite a few PR 3's and 4's. The less good ones ones have thus far had much less luck. It all depends on quality.

All said and done, I think article distribution via an article distributer is the easiest and least time consuming way (given that you need to write articles if you run a website anyway) of getting some relevant backlinks, which is what we are after.

qwestcommunications, Mar 8, 2006 IP
    mad4 likes this.
  2. guitarplayer

guitarplayer Peon

Best Answers:
    So for submitting articles, I have heard http://www.articlesender.com/ mentioned. Does anyone recommend this site for getting articles published? If you know of some other good sites that do this, please mention it here.

guitarplayer, Mar 8, 2006 IP
  3. adamjthompson

adamjthompson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    adamjthompson, Mar 8, 2006 IP
  4. blueboy

blueboy Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi, I also offer a manual article submission service.

I submit to twenty of the top article directories and am currently offering a special discount price of £7.

I also write people articles and add their link on the bottom and then submit it for only £10.

Please feel free to contact me
    http://www.articles-submission.com

blueboy, Mar 8, 2006 IP
  5. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend using a article distribution service but make sure you also manually submit to the 5/6 top article directories like Ezine, Go articles and a few other top ones.

qwestcommunications, Mar 8, 2006 IP
  6. buronggoy

buronggoy Peon

Best Answers:
    May I know what is the top 20 article directories youre talking about.
    thanks!

buronggoy, Mar 8, 2006 IP
  7. websiteideas

websiteideas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That would make sense because it proves that you were the original author. That sounds like a good way of search engines handling it, but is there real evidence to support this?

websiteideas, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  8. jkomp

jkomp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Article submission is brilliant! It is the only SEM I do and I am doing pretty well with rankings. I write articles for both my own site and for clients. It provides links and helps establish your professional identity online.

jkomp, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  9. Ugo

Ugo Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello all. I rarely post in forums but this is an interesting thread.

I created a website from scratch, wrote three related articles and paid thephantomwriters (I'd recommend them) to distribute the articles on my behalf.

They raised a few good points such as my articles would be released one at a time on a weekly basis to avoid overwhelming publishers - a point that I hadn't thought of. I also posted manually in ezinearticles, the website, specifically.

I noticed that I got several immediate visitors directly from ezinearticles clicking through to my site (after reading the articles I presume).

About 2 to 3 months later, the site went from a PR of O to PR4. (It's now at PR3 and for some reason, and I could never get it above PR4.

A year later, I've got around 1000 links out there back to my site - probably from the viral spread of the articles.

Interestingly, about 90% of my visitors are from search engines as testified by sitemeter.

To summarize, my own experience tells me that writing articles that get widely distributed indirectly gets you visitors by improving your site's popularity in the search engines. Eventually, your articles will get lost in a sea of other articles and be rarely read by human eyes. I still write and distribute articles.

Ugo, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  10. Michael

Michael Raider

Best Answers:
    Hi Ugo and congratulations on your first post!

Are you talking about your site ********omatic.com ? If you are I don't see how you determined that you have around 1,000 links. Can you elaborate please.

- Michael

Michael, Mar 11, 2006 IP
  11. MarbleHost.com

MarbleHost.com Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I tried to offer free advertising to everybody who reprint some of my articles. I got a few back link till now but I must say that I didn't promote this offer too much.

MarbleHost.com, Mar 11, 2006 IP
  12. projectw3

projectw3 Banned

Best Answers:
    Quality content is like a magnet and they should attract their own audience and that helps in building traffic both in the short and long run.
    When I hear someone say article submission don't work, most of the time these people are thinking of backlinks.
    The bad news is, it is very hard to tell for sure if those backlinks will give you the ranking you want and in turn give u the traffic you want. Even if it does, it's going to take time with Google updates and all...
    On top of that, competitors may be doing the same thing, and chances are, those with more resources will win.

So what I suggest is, stop thinking about those backlinks and Google rankings and start churning up quality and useful content that you know web visitors WANT to read. Good articles will eventually get picked up high traffic websites/blogs etc and guess what?
    You get the traffic you want WITHOUT high rankings! If the search engines start bringing in the traffic, you get an additional bonus.

How's that for a sure win strategy? ;)

projectw3, Mar 11, 2006 IP
  13. websiteideas

Best Answers:
    If you had to submit your article to just one directory, which one would it be? Which one has strict quality standards and is well respected?

websiteideas, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  14. adamjthompson

Best Answers:
    www.ezinearticles.com for sure. :)

adamjthompson, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  15. ecolatur

ecolatur Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Catch up my Introductory offer on article submissions at $5 per article to submit to 96 sites.

Refer the thread in my signature below for more details.

Thanks,
    Abhilash.

ecolatur, Apr 6, 2006 IP
  16. websiteideas

Best Answers:
    If you submit articles to ezinearticles, you would want to submit them one at a time and wait a week inbetween submissions. Is that right? Can anyone explain why waiting between submissions is good?

websiteideas, Apr 22, 2006 IP
  17. adamjthompson

Best Answers:
    You may want to wait between article submissions if you are submitting to many sites, so that your links are gradually gained.

I'd recommend using Isnare.com. I've had great results with them. (Yes, that is my referral link in the link. ;))

adamjthompson, Apr 22, 2006 IP
  18. websiteideas

Best Answers:
    How long does it take for ezinearticles to approve your first article submission? I've been waiting over 4 days now...

websiteideas, May 2, 2006 IP
  19. adamjthompson

Best Answers:
    It can take awhile...don't worry about it yet. :)

adamjthompson, May 2, 2006 IP
  20. MarbleHost.com

MarbleHost.com Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I was sometimes wating a few hours, sometimes more then week...

MarbleHost.com, May 4, 2006 IP