1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HTML course in bangalore

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by brethart, Mar 7, 2008.

hi somebody know really good place to learn html, xhtml in bangalore ideally south part of bangalore (jayanagar, basavangudi....etc), i would appreciate if someone could help me with this thank you in advance.

brethart, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  2. CaffinePhil

CaffinePhil Banned

Best Answers:
    you can learn html online for free. check out the w3schools tutorials or my favourite www.htmldog.com

CaffinePhil, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  3. brethart

brethart Peon

Best Answers:
    i knw ther r lots of online resource available but need to take up a certifying course so iam looking at training centres

brethart, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  4. indianseo

indianseo Peon

Best Answers:

Best HTML school available everywhere - http://w3schools.com/html/default.asp
    No fee (if you wish to pay me, I will give my account number :D )

indianseo, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  5. teapoint

teapoint Peon

Best Answers:
    <hmtl><head></head><body></body></html> ...enough said! :D

teapoint, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  6. brethart

brethart Peon

Best Answers:
    i knw online is far better but i need a certificate @ the end of the course it isnt for me but to companies tht trusts certificates more than your real skill.

brethart, Mar 9, 2008 IP
  7. indianseo

indianseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I have not come across companies asking for HTML course certificate..

Instead companies ask for .net certification, java certification etc..
    One who knows any web programming language necessarily knows HTML is the assumption and it is correct. So better consider learning much higher and certification for same.

indianseo, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  8. brethart

brethart Peon

Best Answers:
    i knw but academically i come frm a different background so to show some credibility i got to get some certificates soon to appease my seniors well this is because i am not being considered for a position with in my department due to my lack of any technical qualifications on the records

& y does one require web programming jus for seo?

brethart, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  9. nicangeli

nicangeli Peon

Best Answers:
    <hmtl> -- Is that new?

nicangeli, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  10. teapoint

teapoint Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, typo. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

Berthart, I don't think there are many places that do HTML courses as it's such a simple code to learn. Maybe it would be better if you just showed your potential employer a portfolio of your HTML work, and say that you were self taught.

teapoint, Mar 13, 2008 IP
    brethart likes this.
  11. brethart

brethart Peon

Best Answers:
    thtz true couple of places i enquired do not offer individual courses. yet i found one called sgi where we can opt in for individual courses not a high-quality institute though but what the heck i only need a dam certificate

brethart, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  12. Stomme poes

Stomme poes Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know a place where you can get a certificate, but what's more important is learning HTML/XHTML the right way. If you can code some pages in beautiful code (which w3schools.com will NOT teach you), that can at least be a backup until you DO get a certificate. Esp if you learn from the guys who are part of or contribute to the web standards project or the W3C (which by the way has nothing to do with w3schools.com).

This:

<html>
    <head>
    </head>
    <body>
    </body>
    </html>

Code (markup):
    Should not be on teh Interwebs as it has no TITLE tag and more importantly NO DOCTYPE.

While you're searching for courses, look for CSS. The HTML is pretty easy, but the CSS has a longer learning curve.
    Also, learn the actual differences between HTML and XHTML. Like, if you're going to bother writing XHTML (which you will serve as HTML anyway) then learn why the differences exist, and learn that the differences don't do a damn thing so long as you're serving it as text/html : ) Which you will because IE doesn't support application xhtml + xml.

I'm actually surprised there aren't any schools or classes or whatever in Bangalore. Surely there's a computer-related course for everything else there?

Stomme poes, Mar 14, 2008 IP
    brethart likes this.
  13. indianseo

indianseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay.. I forgot to mention the place where I got a logo on passing HTML 4.0 test. You can also get a certificate on paying fee for certificate.

Check BrainBench.com

indianseo, Mar 14, 2008 IP
    brethart likes this.
  14. brethart

brethart Peon

Best Answers:
    yup ther is one for every block in b'lore but dont offer selective courses gotto enrol for the whole package is like 6mnths to 1yr or more. certificates is not something for my happiness & em nt a classroom kinda guy anyway :p

btw thnx a lot on the css xml thing will surely keep in mind while taking up the course & thnx to u too indianseo for all th info.

brethart, Mar 14, 2008 IP
    indianseo likes this.