1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are your thoughts on guest blogging?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by bbrian017, Mar 12, 2008.

What are your thoughts on guest blogging? If a website has great writers and or famous people do you think guest blogging can become a great success? I mean a blog 100% dedicated towards having interesting people guest blogging on it.

I’m asking this because over the next week or so I will be launching a “guest only blog” @ www.blogengage.com and I’m thinking it’s going to be a hit!

If you were to read the guest blog who would you like to see writing at the site? Are there any bloggers in particular you would prefer to see and or topics while on this discussion?

Can’t wait to here your thoughts,

Cheers,

bbrian017

bbrian017, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  2. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't recommend you to do it 100% guest blogging unless you have an already established blog. It would be really difficult for a new blog to attract that many bloggers to write on it. If it does attract, though, they would not be considered, in my opinion as high authority bloggers but as wannabes I guess.

The bloggers that are in the "big league" already have their stage and audience. Why would they want to send their readers somewhere else. If the blog that you are talking about is oriented towards helping bloggers getting noticed by more people that would be kind of different. If you allow them to write on a specific topic they are experts on and at the same time share their thoughts with the readers of such a blog (hopefully one that has many readers) then this could be seen as a way of spreading their "business card" and saying to people this is me, I know this this and that and if you need assistance visit my blog and you can find any help and information on this topic.

Even in the case when you have a blog that has a lot of loyal readers people will start thinking to themselves at some point why would I want to read the blog anyway the author - you, is not writing anymore and that is why I started reading the blog in the first place. If you happen to do it as I have stated above then this would not be a blog, in a way it could be seen as a social blogging network or something. I could be wrong, this is just some of the assumptions that I have made after reading your post. I hope that my opinion has not discouraged you. I was just trying to give my constructive opinion and criticism. I really hope you can handle this and make things work for you and your blog. It would be nice if you keep us updated on your progress. Best of luck! ;)

turbulence, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  3. Ferox

Ferox Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Brian

I's probably collect a dozen or so articles from guest posters ready to publish them before you start, so that you have a smooth begining, as such an idea is probably going to be difficult to organise. But given the nature of blogengage, I think it could work.

Ferox, Mar 12, 2008 IP
    bbrian017 likes this.
  4. chris265

chris265 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you find some good people to write posts about mutiple topcis that people enjoy it could work.

chris265, Mar 12, 2008 IP
    bbrian017 likes this.
  5. roseau

roseau Peon

Best Answers:
    That's not exactly the kind of thing I like but many others might enjoy it. What I prefer is a blog about about a topic that interests me and then the site owner asks guest bloggers in the niche who can contribute something of value to the conversation. This way, as a user, there is some variety plus it is not always the same view or format.

roseau, Mar 12, 2008 IP
    bbrian017 likes this.
  6. bbrian017

bbrian017 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The guest blog will be located at a Social Networking website I own which was developed and designed for bloggers and only bloggers!

See at the top where the navigation is? Well what’s happening is it will soon look like this, http://yoursourceforinfo.com/betest/blogger/ (DEV SITE)

And what I'm doing is the blog it self will be only for guest bloggers so all the readers of blogs at www.blogengage.com will most likely read your guest article and if it's good they would probably visit your blog site afterwards. So in the end it's to get noticed and get more readers to your own blog!

Someone also mentioned in another forum that the idea of "who" is blogging might not matter, seeing 90% of my traffic is coming from bloggers maybe the guest bloggers should be blogging about information that will help and be beneficial to other bloggers and not necessarily normal readers!

What are your thoughts?

bbrian017, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  7. SamOwen

SamOwen Peon

Best Answers:
    Guest blogging by well known or well informed people sounds like a great idea. You'll get a wide range of thoughts and ideas.

SamOwen, Mar 13, 2008 IP
    bbrian017 likes this.
  8. WhoJayBe

WhoJayBe Peon

Best Answers:
    Damn, Brian, you're everywhere! But guest blogging is good but going through so many blogs, there's a large crowd that seem to get turned off by TOO many guest posts. A lot of people don't go to blogs JUST for guest posts, they like the original author as well.

WhoJayBe, Mar 13, 2008 IP
    bbrian017 likes this.
  9. dreamee

dreamee Active Member

Best Answers:
    guest blogging increase ur blog popularity..find out the best through social media

dreamee, Sep 5, 2012 IP
  10. Disha Shah

Disha Shah Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's the only best way!!!
    Thanks

Disha Shah, Sep 5, 2012 IP