1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Irrelevant Titles

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Seiya, Mar 7, 2006.

I saw an ad on DP

"2+2=5" and it promoted money making. So i clicked and the page had no mention of 2+2 =5.

So we are allowed to have completely irrelevant titles in order to get more clicks? Id say he is losing money cause like me i only went to find out what they say abotu 2+2 =5

Seiya, Mar 7, 2006 IP
  2. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    2+2 =5

is a clear synonym of "money making"

maybe you have the feeling that this guy is doing a bad business by using this headline.

Yes - the landing page need to be very related with your ad - this is a basic SEO rule.

But maybe he is tracking conversion rate and this is his best conversion rate. or this is his best CTR% as this attract curious people like he did with you.

high CTR% is a good way to save money as you do not need to pay high bids to have the traffic you want.

Always remember to try crazy things in AdWords, do not use assumptions before trying the things - use your assumptions after trying it to explain a success or a failure of something that you have tried.

Micromag, Mar 7, 2006 IP
    GuyFromChicago likes this.
  3. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah i didnt think of the low bids he could have had.. i assumed every bid to appear on DP would have to be high =P

Seiya, Mar 7, 2006 IP
  4. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    I saw that ad - it was a CPM ad. With a CPM ad you're paying for impressions so you can make the ad as relevant or irrelevant as you desire.

GuyFromChicago, Mar 8, 2006 IP
  5. Micromag

Best Answers:
    is possible to know when a specific adsense ad is a CPM ad or a keyword ad?

Micromag, Mar 8, 2006 IP
  6. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    I don't know the difinitive answer, but odds are when you are seeing the same ad page after page (ragardless of content) it's a CPM ad. Sometimes they have a larger font as well...although that doesn't always seem to be the case.

GuyFromChicago, Mar 8, 2006 IP
  7. Micromag

Best Answers:
    Very true the larger font think - he had a discussion some time ago about why a specific advertiser has a larger font compared to others - someone thought that it was some kind of hack. :)

Micromag, Mar 8, 2006 IP
  8. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah i didnt think about CPm, that makes sense then he wants the most clicks possible for his money ;)

Seiya, Mar 8, 2006 IP
    Micromag likes this.
  9. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    Exactly, that's the key with CPM.

When I run CPM on popular sites I try to address the users specifically - i.e. mention the site they are on to draw their attention to the ad.

GuyFromChicago, Mar 10, 2006 IP