1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google's drop in paid clicks

Discussion in 'Google' started by gem.stocks, Mar 11, 2008.

Google's drop in paid clicks

After ComScore reported a recent decline in Google's paid clicks, the Net ratings service followed up, noting evidence that the drop was due to "Google's own quality initiatives that result in a reduction in the number of paid listings and, therefore, the opportunity for paid clicks to occur."

The reduction in listings, ComScore noted, was "offset by paid revenue per click."

On Monday, at a Bear Stearns media conference in Palm Beach, Fla., Tim Armstrong, Google's president of advertising and commerce in North America, offered essentially the same view on the matter.

As noted by ZDNet Editor in Chief Larry Dignan, Armstrong emphasized that the dip in paid clicks was intentional--part of a strategic plan designed to deliver better, more-precisely targeted ads. Thus, the market anxiety that hit Google's stock was, well, unjustified.

OK then, but Dignan also cites Armstrong's acknowledgment that "search is changing overall in general" and tends to reflect macroeconomic conditions--an acknowledgment, Dignan points out, that suggests Google isn't recession-proof.

Google also told conference attendees that it won't be developing its own content, that it will increase the number of videos and ads on YouTube, and that the company's system won't differentiate between search and display ads over time.

Google's general theme is to offer advertisers a complete dashboard with multiple forms of advertising. Armstrong also noted that Google will deliver ads on social networks via widgets and social-networking apps.

gem.stocks, Mar 11, 2008 IP
  2. gridsix

gridsix Peon

Best Answers:
    I've noticed that adwords are costing me more, but my adsense growth is stagnant... Time for a new ad service?

gridsix, Mar 11, 2008 IP
  3. manofwar

manofwar Active Member

Best Answers:
    manofwar, Mar 11, 2008 IP
  4. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    AdWords costs more still AdSense publishers are being paid less and less?
    I just don't get it.

zexy, Mar 11, 2008 IP
  5. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You think growth would continue with the US economical problems? Interesting, who is your adviser so I can stay away! :D

astup1didiot, Mar 11, 2008 IP
  6. Blade991

Blade991 Banned

Best Answers:
    My earnings have gone down to where it's no longer worth it(Not that is what really worth it before..). I have started to experiment with other programs now...

It's a shame, I had such high respect for Google before I started to use their programs to make money..

Blade991, Mar 11, 2008 IP
  7. swimbum

swimbum Peon

Best Answers:
    We cut our adwords budget in half the for the first quarter of 2008. ROI has become very poor.

swimbum, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  8. Bohol

Bohol Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a feeling that people are already tired and annoyed of so many Google Adsense ads.

Google has to diversify its ammunition now.

Other types of ad programs are picking up in the market. Example: Smorty.

Bohol, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  9. BuckBuck

BuckBuck Peon

Best Answers:
    It is pretty simple. Bigger profit for Google.

BuckBuck, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  10. Riches Life

Riches Life Peon

Best Answers:
    has clickthroughs gone down also? I think as people start to recognize how Adwords ads look like they won't click them as much anymore.

Riches Life, Mar 12, 2008 IP