1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sending wire transfers from India

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by Nick_Mayhem, Mar 11, 2008.

Hello,

I am from India and I have some bank account here and there.

The issue is that I am able to recieve the wire transfers to my banks fro abroad. But when I wanted to send the wire transfer for a purchase of a domain name they told me that I cannot send the wire transfer out.

Has anyone ever sent some wire transfer from their Indian bank account to abroad. And if yes then please mention the bank name I will open an account in that bank.

Thanking You.

Nick_Mayhem, Mar 11, 2008 IP
  2. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think every bank allows wire transfer.My friend did through HDFC.U need to give them reason and details for which u want transfer.

getjimmy, Mar 11, 2008 IP
    Nick_Mayhem likes this.
  3. funforums

funforums Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure in which country you are living, But Indian government not support to sent wire in Pakistan, That's for sure.

funforums, Mar 11, 2008 IP
  4. Nick_Mayhem

Nick_Mayhem Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Humm.... HDFC I will visit it tommorow.

I went to Bank of Baroda and Citibank. But Citibank told me that they are not nationalized bank so they can't.

I have reason and it is that I am buying domain. Maybe it could come under acquisition of an online business. I can give them the receipt but that as we know only comes after the domain name is in our account which the seller will only transfer once the payments are made.

5. rome

rome Peon

Best Answers:
    @
    Nick_Mayhem

Which ever Citibank official you have interacted is taking you for a ride by providing wrong information, Since they are registered as a bank, They are obliged to honor your wire transfer request, Incase they don't do that, They are liable for a penalty by Reserve Bank of India, I suggest you to complain the same to the Citibank's higher officials and ask them for a written letter incase they are declining your request, You can file a complaint with Reserve bank of India with regards to the same....

The info will be available on the RBI website (Google the same)

rome, Mar 11, 2008 IP
  6. Nick_Mayhem

Best Answers:
    I wrote to Citibank officials and they have given me a reference number for my query.

I also thought they are trying to spin a fast one. But I didn't wanted to create an issue right then and there without some facts backing me up.

If he was taking me for a ride then this will be last ride I think. I will personally see to it that he is fired. As his incompetency is ruining my business and I don't care if he is jobless.

7. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not sure about India but in most of the non-US country, Wire transfer is called Telegraphic Transfer or Outwards Remittance. Maybe it is just an issue of terminology.

eddy2099, Mar 11, 2008 IP
  8. Nick_Mayhem

Best Answers:
    I explained him.

In fact I have received a wire transfer right into my account which He can see and which he saw with his own eyes.

So I think he does understands what I was talking about. I said to him I received this money and same way if I am dealing I will have to send some in future so tell me the procedure.

He said I can just send gifts and medical expenses to my relatives abroad. I said to him then why is my account called Business account and why did they charged me so big for opening the account.

He has no answer. He just told me to go to nationalized bank and raised his hands by saying they are private bank.

9. rome

rome Peon

Best Answers:
    @
    Nick_Mayhem

I already told you the best way to get even, The bank official is completely wrong, He would be in trouble if you do complain about him to the higher authorities, He is actually making a loss for the bank by not honoring your wire transfer request, The bank gets their service charges by doing this.......

He has to be reported mate.... You require any further assistance, You are free to contact me on the PM

rome, Mar 11, 2008 IP
    Nick_Mayhem likes this.