1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Search Results Revamped(New Algorithm )

Discussion in 'Google' started by tapalapa, Mar 10, 2008.

I can confirm from a source at Google Ireland's complex that google's search results have been revamped based on the new talked about Algorithm. If you do some common searches, also on your websites with different keywords, you should notice some changes. He also said it will take time for the new changes to propagate in all google servers across the world. The new changes will make it harder to cheat the google rankings & will deliver better results based on a fairer algorithm than the last one. He also mentioned that two new factors have been added to the determination process of the search results, apart from Pagerank, content , backlinks etc, two new important requirements are now essential in getting good results ( he didnt tell me ).

Have a good Day
    Google Insider's Friend

tapalapa, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  2. russianzio

russianzio Peon

Best Answers:
    All of my results changed their positions, some new ones appeared some old ones dissapeared, it happened just yesterday for one of my sites )) I have never seen my positions tweak so much, i checked around 100 1st page key words and they are all in different places, i would say longer keywords from the onpage content started to matter more :))

russianzio, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  3. longcall911

longcall911 Peon

Best Answers:
    How can you confirm this when you tell us absolutely nothing?

Nothing personal, but SERPs are changing all the time. Anyone can say they have "inside" knowledge.

This can never be proven true, and never be proven false.

/*tom*/

longcall911, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  4. promomanagers

promomanagers Peon

Best Answers:
    The algorithm is likely in a perpetual state of change. It does seem that something more significant may have taken place this time as we are just not starting to actually rank for our promo items site where for months we were 100 or even 1000+. Something clearly happened as sites that were clearly playing games with redirects etc have been knocked into oblivion.

Google scares me in one sense as they have so much power but it's pretty impressive how quickly they make changes and how equitable they seem to be overall. It's almost like they want to give everyone a shot so some rank well on one set of terms, another group on other terms.

Yahoo and MSN also seem to be up to some changes, MSN in particular seems to be mirroring Google in the last few weeks in terms of how they rank sites.

promomanagers, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  5. NaughtyNeo

NaughtyNeo Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is contantly improving their algo and hence there will always be changes in the SERPS.

But two major changes I have recently notices is a site search box for some authority sites (search for youtube in google) and dynamic titles for some sites in SERPS. One of my blogs is showing the searched term as title though the real title tag is much longer than that. But unfortunately this has resulted in less traffic for me. :(

NaughtyNeo, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  6. mediology

mediology Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes something definitely happened! One of my sites went from 5th position for most sought after keyword to somewhere on page 10 and another one went from page xx to near the top of page 2.
    The odd thing is the clearly better site in terms of content, age etc. was the one that fell and a much, much newer site climbed.

My main site remained number 1 as it has been since around 2000 but who knows what will happen.

mediology, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  7. lzy

lzy Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing, it seems my sites are largely unaffected for now. :)

lzy, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  8. TroyM

TroyM Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I see daily ranking changes last 4-6 days.........Lets pray to settle on the best spots......:)

TroyM, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  9. MarketExpert

MarketExpert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    2 new changes? I wonder what they could be. I'm not going to rack my brain trying to figure out Google's new algorythm. Just business as usual for me, and Google better rank my websites well if they know whats good for them.

MarketExpert, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  10. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hope the new algo will ushers in a drive for organic search and not manipulated results by so called SEOs:)

jhnrang, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  11. indiglo

indiglo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Even mine... waiting for those changes soon.. hope this will boost my site's rankings...:)

indiglo, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  12. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    "two new important requirements"

Wonder what they are?

angilina, Mar 11, 2008 IP
  13. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Please tell me what Matt Cutts is saying about it.We can get a hint from it.

eric_wahlberg, Mar 11, 2008 IP
  14. chris265

chris265 Peon

Best Answers:
    I was suprised to see yahoo resulst change at same time as google also. Seems like they both are doing some of the same things to search results. Sites are still moving around in serp.

chris265, Mar 11, 2008 IP
  15. Arcades247

Arcades247 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think so, Google Ireland is just a glorified call centre, like everything else in Ireland's tech parks :) I can't see how Goog can change things to much.

Arcades247, Mar 11, 2008 IP
  16. manofwar

manofwar Active Member

Best Answers:
    NO offense, but I hate these "insider" threads. If you have inside info, get the real info instead of giving us hear say with nothing to go on. IMO, if someone is cheating Google, they should be punished. I see a ton of blackhat sites with about 1000 links on 1 page cloaking etc., I hope this "change" kills them.

manofwar, Mar 11, 2008 IP
  17. Kerwin

Kerwin Peon

Best Answers:
    this is really nice i have seen a change in our page rank and within 2 hours of posting i start to get traffic from google.

Kerwin, Mar 11, 2008 IP