1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

do tech related sites do well?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by shirsc2, Mar 3, 2006.

1. morituri

morituri Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I like your sites too ;-)

morituri, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  2. shirsc2

shirsc2 Peon

Best Answers:
    i make over $100/month from adsense but can't seem to increase it from there. I guess i'm never happy because i know it can do more

shirsc2, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  3. edr

edr Guest

Best Answers:
    I think it is less about wanting to give money as it is the ad does not capture their desire for information. I know very well when I am clicking on a Google ad, but that doesn't prevent me from following a link that captures my attention.

edr, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  4. Moto

Moto Guest

Best Answers:
    Adsense accounts for just 17% of The TechZone income. But it's 17% I'm not willing to give up because it's a solid performer in terms of targeting and click rate.

The only thing that really beats it (targeting and click wise) is my TTZ Media Network. For a tech site that reviews hardware, my network can not be beat.

Say your a tech site and you got a review of a Logitech G5 Laser mouse (or any other hardware). See here for the example: http://www.thinkcomputers.org/index.php?x=reviews&id=302

The 336x280 ad is from TTZ Media Network and it shows real time pricing for the mouse being reviewed. The 336 AdSense ad shows general mouse ads but not the exact mouse being reviewed. Which one do you think gets more clicks? :)

One shouldn't depend 100% on Google for net income.

Moto, Mar 6, 2006 IP
  5. MtraX

MtraX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Moto

Are we allowed to post both TTZ Media Ads with Adsense on the same page?

Regards
    MtraX

MtraX, Mar 6, 2006 IP
  6. onedollar

onedollar SEO Consultant for Hire

Best Answers:
    tech people mostly have an adsense blindness coz of their constant exposure to adsense sites everywhere :)
    so they are less likely to click on ads but as gford says, you can shift your focus a bit to those who want to know about tech :)

onedollar, Mar 6, 2006 IP
  7. SaN-DeeP

SaN-DeeP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    answer is yes, check this image from ttzmedia directly, shows an example of thinkcomputers
    [​IMG]

SaN-DeeP, Mar 6, 2006 IP
  8. Moto

Moto Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes you are. TTZ Media ads are not contextual ads nor are they targeted to any keywords. The webmaster tells the ad engine which product to display and the engine generates the ad. That is how we get perfect targeting - it's done by a human, not by computer.

Moto, Mar 6, 2006 IP
  9. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I get the impression you need huge traffic to make big money from adsense on tech sites. Surprisingly, the CPC is quite low for tech ads (probably 0.05). I think you will do better by combining adsense with banner ads from the likes of CJ or even ads from Amazon (i.e. provide product links from Amazon). You are more likely to sell products on tech sites than people clicking on adsense, unless of course you are really deceiving and make the ads look as if they are navigation links or something.

qwestcommunications, Mar 6, 2006 IP
  10. Moto

Moto Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm don't know what tech site you're talking about it isn't any of mine. If AdSense produced 0.05% we would have dumped them a long a time. We would dump them even at 0.5%

Tech sites are no different than any other sites. You just have to tweek it till you get the desired results. As for selling products, well that may create a conflict of interest.

Moto, Mar 6, 2006 IP
    MatthewN likes this.