1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Violation

Discussion in 'SEO' started by Las Vegas Homes, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    Well I have started a poll HERE for those who read this thread and may wish to cast their vote.

Las Vegas Homes, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  2. Deciuj

Deciuj Guest

Best Answers:
    http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum3/24634.htm

"What everyone else said. The limit to be more aware of is the 101K limit on pages. 100 links is just a guideline that helps encourage to keep pages < 101K. You can put 150 or 200 links on a page with no problem, but keep in mind what an earlier poster mentioned: if you have several hundred links on a page, you might want to take a step back and think if that's the best thing for users. There could be a way to rework the links so that they make more sense for both users and search engines (e.g. break down links chronologically, into alphabetical chunks, by topic, etc.). "

Deciuj, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  3. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    Well its just me but I like to read between the lines. It seems to me he is saying we want to encourage people to keep links on a page to less than 100.

So as Diann has stated in the past these links are really for the user not an seo benefit, but even Matt himself has stated here it doesnt seem to be user friendly. So I can only conclude it must be for the Seo manipulation benefit.

Once again reading between the lines what he is suggesting is that it makes more sense to have these links broken down into topics and not some homepage link manipulation scheme.

minstrel likes this.
  4. Deciuj

Deciuj Guest

Best Answers:
    Read between the lines all you want, but crawling more than 100 links is not an issue.

If this is such a bad scheme that will ultimately be her "undoing" (as opposed to just bad webmastering), why do you think Matt Cutts has failed to do anything after you brought it to his attention?

Deciuj, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  5. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Read between the lines all you want, including in your little quote from WMW, but 400+ outgoing links on a page is.

minstrel, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  6. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    Google has never been known for moving fast. As whether Matt or Google will do anything that is up to them. I dont know that it can be contributed to me submitted a spam report, but it seems on the test DCs that Diann has lost a lot of pages. Over the last month I have seen her site go from 500 plus indexed pages on the regular DCs to 390 and on the test DCs I have seen her go from 500 plus pages to 142. This also includes a loss in backlinks indexed.:confused:

If Diann loses her rankings, big deal, if she doesnt big deal. I do think however that is it a shame she takes advantage of her link farm partners the way she does, knowingly or unknowingly.

Times are changing on the internet, the technology of yesterday doesnt work today. IMHO Diann doesnt have the knowledge to keep up with the wave of technology that is about to cause the way you acheive good serps to offer more than homepage link manipulation and age to go in a different direction for these top rankings.

Just for the record, its not my competitors I want to see fall, its those that manipulate the system and try to use strong arm tactics, spam and unethical means to gain those rankings. It just so happens that my market is the only one I research, so therefore its the only one I care about.