1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Proof that online poker is rigged!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by John D, Mar 5, 2006.

Source: http://www.billrini.com/index.php/2004/11/30/proof-that-online-poker-is-rigged

One can hardly read any poker forum without running across individuals claiming that this or that site is rigged. Usually they are humiliated with the forum “experts” rudely telling them that the reason they’re losing is because they aren’t good poker players. I’m sad to say that I used to be one of those “experts.” I was one of the doubters until I actually caught one site cheating.
    If you view the image below it looks like a normal hand being played (certain information has been deducted to protect the innocent).
    [​IMG]
    It looks normal unless you really examine the photo. Using some highly classified vector digital imaging software from the CIA I picked up on eBay for $50, I caught the dealer dealing off the bottom of the deck. I was as shocked as anyone but it all made sense once I thought about it. Notice in the picture above how they put that little box in front of the players sitting to the right and left of the dealer so as to obstruct their view. Players sitting that close would normally catch a dishonest dealer but “conveniently” the software blocks their view. Coincidence? Hardly!
    [​IMG]
    But that wasn’t the only cheating I caught. Notice the player to the right of the dealer in Seat 1. Notice anything out of place? Neither did I at first. But again, I used my imaging software to get a close up and guess what I see?
    [​IMG]
    He’s got a card hidden up his sleeve! I guess it should have been obvious after his fourth pocket aces in a row.
    So now I have proof that online poker is rigged and if anybody tries to tell you differently, they’re in on it!

John D, Mar 5, 2006 IP
    Stin and wrmineo like this.
  2. dsm56

dsm56 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very funny...
    Do you really think they arent rigged? If you watch online poker games you are guaranteed to see full houses beaten by royal flushes and straights beaten by four of a kinds.

Now unless you live in maverick's world, this does not happen in real life.

And it makes sense too, the poker sites just want you to play as much as possible. So...if you lose a lot you will win again, if you win a lot you will lose again.

dsm56, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  3. Ben5082

Ben5082 Peon

Best Answers:
    lol, great post

Ben5082, Mar 6, 2006 IP
  4. billrini

billrini Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks almost exactly like my post.

http://www.billrini.com/index.php/2004/11/30/proof-that-online-poker-is-rigged

What are the chances of that?

Actually, if you're going to steal my content, at least have the courtesy to:

a) Not hotlink the images from my site.

b) Do the author the courtesy of giving a link back to the source.

As the page clearly states, that the page is protected by Creative Commons License:

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.5/

The ONLY damn thing I asked as part of the license was attribution.

billrini, Mar 6, 2006 IP
    Halobitt likes this.
  5. mikejmu

mikejmu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice job catching him...just a coincidence...how'd you catch him?

mikejmu, Mar 6, 2006 IP
  6. billrini

billrini Peon

Best Answers:
    Someone who had seen it on my site first emailed me. :)

billrini, Mar 6, 2006 IP
  7. KeithLDick

KeithLDick Peon

Best Answers:
    Considering the *Sharpness of the Edges* on those cards in question and the Bluriness of the rest of the image...

I'd say "Nice Photoshop work"... hehe :D

KeithLDick, Mar 6, 2006 IP
  8. WeRASkitzzo

WeRASkitzzo Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya think?:rolleyes:

WeRASkitzzo, Mar 6, 2006 IP
  9. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    wasn't this thread just dugg, why only a few replies here? :confused:

DomainMagnate, Mar 6, 2006 IP
  10. buronggoy

buronggoy Peon

Best Answers:
    That really surprised me.Not the online poker but the (stealing of post ?)
    because I saw this guy on sitepoint.He's mad at copying post.
    sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347130

buronggoy, Mar 6, 2006 IP
  11. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    It was, but most Diggers are not DP members hence few replies.

After I posted the link to Digg I found the original and posted billrini's link in the Digg story as a comment. Sorry I didn't saw that earlier.

T0PS3O, Mar 7, 2006 IP
  12. buronggoy

buronggoy Peon

Best Answers:
    Did he contact you already about this matter?

buronggoy, Mar 7, 2006 IP
  13. KMxRetro

KMxRetro Peon

Best Answers:
    You are AWESOME! I can't believe you just sat there and hammered that out with your fists on your special keyboard. Straights beaten by four-of-a-kinds? Happens. I've had it happen in live poker. If you play three hands of live poker a week, you won't see it happen. If you play 303 hands a week, you will.

Poker sites have no reason to rip you off. They make millions every day from the rake at cash tables, the tournament buy-in etc, why would they risk infuriating their players by ripping them off?

Deal 100x10 hands of cards. How many four of a kinds do you get? In the same round, how many straights are made to that four of a kind? Thank you. But you also see it more online because there are so many complete tools out there who dump $100 into a poker site without knowing how to play. So they'll call their 5-6 offsuit when someone raises with pocket queens. 7-8-Q hits the flop, they call the raise from the pocket queens again. Q on the turn. They're drawing dead and still calling....9 on the river and they've made their hand - not even stopping to think that QQ, Q7, Q8, Q9 etc would beat them.

When everyone stops thinking that it's gambling, we'll see less of the crazy poker hands. "I'll have a gamble on 23 offsuit" - fine by me, but don't cry when you've drawn at the idiots end of the straight and been beaten.

KMxRetro, Mar 7, 2006 IP
  14. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Still look at the effect on number of views . 6400+ so far... for a day old thread it's awesome.

sachin410, Mar 7, 2006 IP
  15. buronggoy

buronggoy Peon

Best Answers:
    Indeeed very awesome for 1 day old post.
    Is this post really stolen?lol:)

16. John D

John D Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Catching me?

Take it easy...I just posted it and didn't say it was mine.

It's not as if I'm posting it on my site as my own content...I'm posting it on a PUBLIC forum.
    I have tried editing my first post and including a link to your site but I can't.

I saw this on my own forum last week I think when another user posted it but I saw it somewhere else and it made me laugh again, so I simply copied the source from that site and pasted it here.

The one posted on my forum does have a link, but like I said, I didn't copy it from there.

John D, Mar 7, 2006 IP
  17. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Still John D, it would have been nice to give credit where credit is due. It's pretty basic forum etiquette. Whatever you post without quotes or proper referencing can be assumed as coming from your very self. It did look like you were passing it off as your original content whilst it wasn't.

Anyway, no need to fight over this. We all know now who wrote it and we're thankful for the good chuckle.

T0PS3O, Mar 7, 2006 IP
  18. buronggoy

buronggoy Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah.I agree with TOPS30.
    No need to fight for this one.
    I think we must give credit to the one who wrote the ORIGINAL.
    This is the only reason why billrini is complaining here.
    This is the only demand he want.

19. MatthewN

MatthewN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The images have been edited now by the site owner. Looks a bit harsh that way too :S Surely just a quick edit of the first post to credit the article would have been sufficient.

MatthewN, Mar 7, 2006 IP
  20. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    hmmm too bad you didn't tell me before, I'd spam some links here, before the traffuc burst (anyways no one uses it :eek: )

:D

DomainMagnate, Mar 7, 2006 IP