1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please take a look at my Blog...

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Danielle Faith, Mar 8, 2008.

Hay Guys,

I was hoping you could take a look at my blog.....

http://www.jaysmyne.com

and let me know what you think....its really general and informal to start because my ideas are all scattered but I'm hoping that doesn't show TOO, TOO much.....

Danielle Faith, Mar 8, 2008 IP
    melbel likes this.
  2. Steupz

Steupz Peon

Best Answers:
    Just a basic blog using a blogspot template. Hopefully you can add a bit more pizzazz to it.

Steupz, Mar 8, 2008 IP
  3. Danielle Faith

Danielle Faith Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah....I'm really hoping that I can get a good readership.....although I think it is far too general....I think I'm gonna keep it personal and maybe what I'll do is buy another domain and use that for my business idea that is when I figure out a business idea.

Danielle Faith, Mar 8, 2008 IP
  4. BuxRightNow

BuxRightNow Peon

Best Answers:
    Never understood why people buy a domain and keep writting on blogspot?! Self-hosted WordPress is much better...

BuxRightNow, Mar 9, 2008 IP
  5. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe a bit of color in it to break up the white, i agree with BuxRightNow, always worth hosting yourself, preferably wordpress, if your thinking long term, gives you more control, will cost you pennies.

pipes, Mar 9, 2008 IP
  6. Aaron//.

Aaron//. Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with bux too.
    Get a template, and fix the unprofessional picture of yourself :p

Aaron//., Mar 9, 2008 IP
  7. melbel

melbel Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest a smaller ad unit at the top, definitely more color in your blog. Good content. I suggest focusing on one topic though to keep visitors. When you go out in too many directions you lose a lot of users attention.
    I can give you the link to the site where I got my blog template. They give them away for free. I did some major editing on mine to make it more "mine." But you can get something there that can give your blog the personality it needs.
    PM me and I'll give you that link.

melbel, Mar 9, 2008 IP
  8. Danielle Faith

Best Answers:
    Well I like the picture of myself, because it is casual :p....I wanted to do wordpress to begin with but Blogspot is just simpler to use... I'm pretty technical but I like the ease of blogger.

Danielle Faith, Mar 9, 2008 IP
  9. pushkar26

pushkar26 Member

Best Answers:
    You can remove the top frame by using simple scripts, to make yuor blog atleast appear as an hosted one. Some of the images on your post were having 404 error [l_098dada2a2067a25d8057efa332052bc-777740.jpg]

You could have given these images, some nice keyword names, blog needs some optimization. You would need to do extensive posting to attract traffic. However, with this blog you would need to wait for some more time. Traffic generated from this DP forum would be useless. I do not know if traffic is your concern, but if it is try tools to bring traffic (BlogRush, Entrecard etc.)

Adsense catching much attention then your post, use doclix instead.. you would have higher CTR then these

You've just started, so do some 90 days of extensive blogging, could see the results yourself

pushkar26, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  10. sweetmarry

sweetmarry Banned

Best Answers:
    In my opinion WP is quite simple and quite handsome (due to its plugins)...

sweetmarry, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  11. Danielle Faith

Best Answers:
    Doclix sounds interesting! that may be just what I need also yeah the goal is to bring traffic so I guess if I use Doclix I would get a higher CTR and BlogRush can bring me traffic? I'll have to look into it :)

I'm not looking to drive traffic from DP to my blog...that is not the goal.

I also like your suggestion about the keywords on images....I'm gonna have to use that for sure!

Danielle Faith, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  12. WhoJayBe

WhoJayBe Peon

Best Answers:
    But you also know what they say, everyone starts off at Blogger and makes their way to Wordpress eventually...

WhoJayBe, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  13. Danielle Faith

Best Answers:
    Okay! all the pressure! If I was to convert to Wordpress would I be able to bring all my posts AND my comments with me? Or would I have to leave the comments behind?

Danielle Faith, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  14. Habitat

Habitat Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Blogger - www.hustlershome.com - and recently started a WORDPRESS hosted blog - www.anythingblack.wordpress.com - its hard to adjusts it takes osme time learning wordpress, but yah keep posting, post quality, and stay within you're niche, don't post ramblings, unless its about what youre site is about, that was my mistake on my first blog, id post random stuff.

Habitat, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  15. FPS_Wes

FPS_Wes Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, this would take quite a bit of time though (depending on how many posts you have) as the only way I see it is copy and paste the content into a new post once you get your wordpress. However before you do anything make sure you BACKUP that is the most important thing ever.

Also with wordpress I find it is very slow if you do have too many plugins or if you use a badly designed theme template. This is due to wordpress being very heavy on the PHP coding that is used to develop wordpress and plugins only add onto this heavy coding.

If you need any help feel free to ask around.

FPS_Wes, Mar 11, 2008 IP
  16. Danielle Faith

Best Answers:
    I have given it much thought and I'm having a good time with blogspot... I don't think I'm gonna chrange - sorry guys!

In other news I am using doclix and have a new blog up now. Hopefully things keep moving forward!

Danielle Faith, Mar 11, 2008 IP