1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

It's all about size, isn't it?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by sebastianrs, Mar 5, 2006.

I hear many people saying they don't get their sites up and running and eventually performing well with AdSense and stuff. When they want us to review them I often see that these sites do contain no more than 10 pages in some cases. People suggest them to get traffic and stuff but what matters muchmore maybe is SIZE: Besides the fact that the engines do all love contents, each and every article and content rich page could potentially attract some visitors through the engines (and if optimized well it will gain visitors by MSN even at the very beginning). Well, secondly it's about patience and persistence and a sense of determination... but when you ask youself why I'm not earning enough (in this early stage...); it's because of size!!

What do you think? I'd like to know different opinions and experiences!

sebastianrs, Mar 5, 2006 IP
    clancey likes this.
  2. clancey

clancey Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you raise a valid point for beginning sites. I have sites which are in development and I do not expect much attention until I increase the content.

My best performing site is a news site. Every day, my company adds over 100 new articles. Every month, the site updates and/or adds over 8,000 pages. It currently contains over 185,000 articles and over 1,000 graphs and other static pages. It is a niche site, but it covers its niche very well. For my keywords, it is almost always in the top five to 10 results for Google and other major search engines, and frequently the first link.

It has also been around since the mid-90s.

clancey, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  3. mhdoc

mhdoc Tauren

Best Answers:
    I made a rule with myself that for every domain I buy I MUST put some content on it and a link for somewhere so Google indexes it. Hosting is almost free these days and I find I can upload Wordpress in about five minutes. I make an intitial post and then try to add another every couple of weeks. It's been interesting to see how many, if any visits they get. I figure it also starts the meter running on any Google sandbox effect.

mhdoc, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  4. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    Mine is bigger than yours!

Haha yeah i agree the more content the more traffic you can get.

Seiya, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  5. brecht

brecht Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah content is the nr1 rule if you ask me. It is THE reason why people visit your site or blog.

brecht, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  6. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    The more content, the more secondary and obscure phrases people will find your pages from.

Personally I work from the estimation of $1 per page per month through AdSense earnings. I don't expect anymore from a single page.

Therfore, a new site with 100 pages that is fully indexed in MSN I would expect at least $3/day within the first month.

Keep on adding more and more covering more and more topics within your niche and I would expect $33/day for a site with 1,000 pages.

After 6-12 months I would expect a site with a few thousand pages covering every topic within a broad niche to be earning a very handsome ammount - perhaps up to a few hundred dollars/day.

With all the SEO efforts folk make to compete for the big terms I would much prefer the 'sheer number of original articles' to pump out thousands of pages of content - obviously paid for - and cover a myriad of secondary phrases that your pages will naturally pick up.

Then your revenue doesn't rely upon a few phrases that people are competing for, but hundreds upon hundreds of smaller phrases no-one could even possibly think of to compete for.

I'd agree - it's all about size if you're in it for the long haul and reliable, stable earnings but a BROAD niche must be chosen so you can warrant thousands of pages of content, else you are just repeating the same old words again and again and that isn't very efficient.

Pete

GADOOD, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  7. brecht

brecht Peon

Best Answers:
    i like the point you state. by choosing a broad niche you go for a nice mixture of content creating a nice spread in public visiting you site or blog. So all kinds of people visit it. good aproach.

brecht, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  8. corinaw

corinaw Not Banned

Best Answers:
    Bigger IS better. Especially related to breadth of content/topics on a website!

corinaw, Mar 5, 2006 IP