1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ok, is something wrong with these articles?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by vgal, Mar 6, 2008.

Hi,

I hope this is ok to be posting here. I assume this is the best section for it.

I have a few articles on my website, which I have posted here previously. Of course, they were not .01/word articles and maybe there are just are not quality buyers here interested in these topics.

(I know there are reputable members who pay real rates for quality articles, I am not bashing)

We have had some bad luck and are right back in a bad spot again. Therefore, I reduced prices for quick income to keep our lights on!

The prices were very, very slightly over .01/word and still it seems there are not any buyers that want them. I am writing in the copy writing section for anyone who would be willing to scan them. Are they really that bad? I spent hours upon hours reading and researching for the travel article alone.

My website is in my signature. I am not trying to get traffic or views. I am willing to PM to members I feel are reputable or trustworthy.

I am honestly at a loss why these won't sell, even at these silly discounted rates.

Thanks for any help.

vgal, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  2. Oosha

Oosha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Vgal, I've just seen the articles, very well written and engaging. I'm certain that there is no issue with quality here and the rates are on the lower side too.

The problem could be how they are placed on your site. Why don't you consider making a table with a good headline, "Ready-to-use Unique Content For Sale" or something similar and list the topics under that. Another thing I would do is "not" display the complete article. Once they click on the link, it should lead them to the titles and may be excerpts from those articles.

You can even sell them PLR in batches of five and have a paypal button and automatize the whole thing. List the titles under each topic and mention the number of words. You can charge $5 for five articles.

Hope this helps. All the best!

Oosha, Mar 6, 2008 IP
    vgal likes this.
  3. vgal

vgal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you Oosha. You confused me a little bit though :)

"I'm certain that there is no issue with quality here and the rates are on the lower side too."

But then... " You can charge $5 for five articles"

I guess putting them in PLR, would be to sell to multiple people so that may be the reasoning there.

Thank you for taking time to look at them, and as I said I'd be happy to PM them to anyone who thinks I may be just be trying to get traffic there.

I really appreciate it Oosha.

vgal, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  4. Oosha

Oosha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Vgal,

You're most welcome!

PLR means selling them to multiple buyers. The reason I suggested $5 is because I've seen many writers doing well with those rates. They usually sell about 60 sets.

Hope you do well with your articles.

Oosha, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  5. vgal

vgal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Aw, I was going to go visit your site Oosha but it isn't a link. :p

vgal, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  6. INEEDCONTENT

INEEDCONTENT Guest

Best Answers:
    I may be confused here, but I believe the problem lies with the fact that the articles have already been published. Personally I would not buy an article that is already on a website. Technically it will not be ‘original’ as Google will have already picked it up, anyone using it after you will have ‘copied’ it from your page. That’s my opinion anyway, for what its worth.

INEEDCONTENT, Mar 8, 2008 IP
    vgal likes this.
  7. vgal

vgal Active Member

Best Answers:
    INEEDCONTENT,

If anyone is interested in them I remove them from my site. I have done so with one already. However, maybe you are right as in they will not remove the indexed page for who knows how long?

Maybe I should remove the whole articles and just keep the descriptions there? I just wanted to show the quality, but I am open to suggestions. My specialty is not SEO. :)

vgal, Mar 8, 2008 IP
  8. vgal

vgal Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have removed articles completely now.. thank you INEEDCONTENT. I had wondered, but was not sure.

vgal, Mar 8, 2008 IP
  9. INEEDCONTENT

INEEDCONTENT Guest

Best Answers:
    Glad I could help. I am almost sure that is the problem, advertise them again and send people samples not the web site link

INEEDCONTENT, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  10. MRRB2

MRRB2 Peon

Best Answers:
    PLR means "private label rights". It means that you are giving the purchaser the right to claim ownership of the articles, change them in any way, add their own links to them, etc.

If you want to give the purchaser exclusivity, then you have to charge accordingly as you would be only making one sale. If you are selling to multiple users, then you can package up your articles and sell them for much less as your profit will come from multiple sales.

You may get more mileage out of your articles by simply using them to advertise your site. Just put your brief bio with url in the signature and then submit some articles to the free article directories where webmasters pick them up and use them for content in their sites. This generates traffic to your site where you can then concentrate on selling higher priced and more in demand products.

I use isnare to submit my articles- for only $2 per article, they submit it to over 40,000 directories!! With free content from these directories available, many website owners aren't interested in actually purchasing articles for content. If they do want totally unique articles, many go to places like scriptlance and elance where they can get them for $1 to $2 per article so your competition is fierce which is probably why you are having trouble selling your articles.

MRRB

MRRB2, Mar 12, 2008 IP