1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

issues with server too slow and possible WP prob

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by roseau, Mar 7, 2008.

Hello

I have never had any problems with my server in the 3 years that I have had it until about a week ago.

The server does not go down. It is just the pages take about 10 minutes to load. All the html and php sites load immediately as normal.

The sites that are the problem are wordpress. And any version of wp as I have sites that were made in wp over a year ago. Most of my sites have NO plugins and the couple that use plugins only use 3 max.

It doesn't make sense to me that every wp site takes so long to load - basically no-one would wait that long - while the other sites are not a problem.

I just cannot figure out where to start looking for the problem and why the problem even exists now after everything has been fine so far.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you

roseau, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  2. agnivo007

agnivo007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Upgrade WP to newer version, optimize mysql, use php opcode caching etc. to speed up things. :)

agnivo007, Mar 7, 2008 IP
    roseau likes this.
  3. gate2vn

gate2vn Peon

Best Answers:
    Your server now might be too old :) Optimize again your apache, mysql, php. Have you got wp-cache yet?

gate2vn, Mar 7, 2008 IP
    roseau likes this.
  4. roseau

roseau Peon

Best Answers:
    Both of you have given me things to think about.

agnivo007
    I appreciate the exact game plan. I would not have know where to start since in a way this is not a specific server issue. It looks like I have a lot of work to do this weekend.

gate2vn
    You might be right about the age. I never thought it would be old yet but I guess that is true. No I don't have wp-cache yet. I guess there is more work for me to do - lol

In any case, both of you have given me specific areas to check and that is what I needed. Will report next week as to how I make it.

rep given to both for your time and advice.

roseau, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  5. agnivo007

agnivo007 Peon

Best Answers:
    No problem...glad to help you.

However, I'd not recommend WP-cache or something like that, these plugins are still not 100% compatible with others and can crash your WP easily. If you wish, you can contact me by IM and I'll share how I optimize my WP sites, servers.

agnivo007, Mar 8, 2008 IP