1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hatred being shown in Politics and Religion Section

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by new, Mar 3, 2006.

I visit a lot of forums/webmaster forums and many of them have discussed this cartoon issue but I am really amazed to see the intolerance and hatred shown by the members at DP.

What amazes me more is the way the mods have equally turned a blind eye to what is being done in the religious section, people having offending avatars, are posting offending pictures and are openly abusing Islam, the Holy Book and the Prophet but the mods are no where to be seen.

I wonder what is the DP policy about this ?

new, Mar 3, 2006 IP
    compostannie and iskandar like this.
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There isn't a policy about what people can/can't discuss. This forum does not censor people and certainly is not going to become admin/mods job to tell people what they are allowed to believe.

I would agree that some peoples avatars are in bad taste, but if we start deleting everything that at least 1 mod/admin doesn't like/agree with there would be MANY threads/topics deleted (I'm not just talking about Religion/Politics).

The Religion/Politics forum was created to keep all that crap out of other places in the forum.

digitalpoint, Mar 3, 2006 IP
    iskandar, gworld and Smyrl like this.
  3. new

new Peon

Best Answers:

Yes people have the right to beleive whatever they want but don't you think that these discussions also can be carried out without abusing other's religion ? this is where the mods/admin should play a role

new, Mar 3, 2006 IP
    Ibn Juferi likes this.
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    To be honest I would rather just shut down that forum and tell people they can't discuss politics/religion anywhere in the forum than try to tell people what they can/can't believe. It would be far too much work to try and manage that and deciding what is bashing a religion/political belief and what isn't.

The whole religion/politics discussions are stupid IMO... and that's why they were all moved to their own forum so people don't have to read them if they don't want to.

digitalpoint, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  5. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    Amen :eek: I mean, I agree entirely. There have been an increasing number of religious threads which are impossible to moderate/judge, those types of discussion would have to be banned or left in their own area without intervention. I'd gladly see that forum removed but maybe/obviously some here enjoy the banter so each to their own.

sji2671, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  6. brandondrury

brandondrury Peon

Best Answers:
    I wish our government would take a similar stance

brandondrury, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  7. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    grow a hide. sorry, but with the animosity of the computer screen yes people are going to say what's really on their minds.

ever gotten a friend drunk and ask them what they really think of you?

is it rude, disrespectful? most likely yes...but oh well - that's people. do you shoot a person if he drew a caricature of your mom?

Dekker, Mar 3, 2006 IP
    T0PS3O likes this.
  8. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    just do what I do - don't visit politics forum and save your time and nerves ;)

DomainMagnate, Mar 3, 2006 IP
    Skinny likes this.
  9. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    and that's why mods are needed in a forum, people do have different views and they do argue but there should be some rules to control the discussion, posts having abuse and swearing don't have any place in any decent forum

Go over to WHT and see their thread about the same topic and you will cleary see the difference

new, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  10. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    i do understand, i run a forum that has heated political debates all the time.

the problem is the second you tell people what to do they call you a nazi, and declare the place a breeding ground of censorship and political mind rape, and they also start talking to you in german.

people are fucking assholes, just kill them without anyone noticing.

Dekker, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  11. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Wise advice, Michael. Even though I've worked in the field of Religion for the past 35 years, I have no interest in arguing about it or forcing people to accept my views.

I too stay out of the Politics and Religion forum. Too much venom, not enough give-and-take discussion. But then again, that's nothing new. I'm an old guy, and all my life I recall hearing people (wisely) say that the two things they "won't argue over are religion and politics."

Jim4767, Mar 3, 2006 IP
    compostannie and DomainMagnate like this.
  12. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    If you are so sensitive why do you even visit that board? Stay away from it and problem solved

fryman, Mar 3, 2006 IP
    gworld likes this.
  13. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    fryman, at least have the courtesy of bending them over if you're just going to rhino horn them.

Dekker, Mar 3, 2006 IP
    teammatt3 likes this.
  14. Colleen

Colleen Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    WHT is extremely over moderated.

If you don't like what's going on, stop reading the politics/religion forum here.

Colleen, Mar 4, 2006 IP
  15. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    Same here ;)

This is webmasters forum why you visit political crap forums ???
    :eek:

Mong, Mar 4, 2006 IP
    DomainMagnate likes this.
  16. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    If you report those they normally get moderated one way or another. But that's something else entirely compared with moderating the actual discussions. We've banned plenty of blatantly disrespectful people - just report the post and it WILL be looked at. Whether or not something then is done depends on many things.

T0PS3O, Mar 4, 2006 IP
  17. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    There is also some people offending western religions!? ... focus on the Adsense forum you'll fair much better ...

LaCabra, Mar 4, 2006 IP
  18. Solicitors Mortgages

Solicitors Mortgages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know it may be against the ethics of your SEO, but can't you make that forum visible to members only? That way the casual passer by doesn't need to put up with it.

Solicitors Mortgages, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  19. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    It is the fault of the Republicans on this board, they are the one's spreading lies and propaganda, this is an international forum, these guys don't even have the support of Americans, Bush is pushing 38% approval ratings in the last major poll.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Bush+38%+lowest+poll+numbers&btnG=Google+Search

The Republicans on this board are full of it, they insult our international members and are an insult to this forum and America and it's citizens!

Will Spencer is a preacher of doom as is Pat Robertson and Jerry Fallwell his hero's!

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=621676&postcount=1

Pathological liars, all of them (Republicans).....

anthonycea, Mar 9, 2006 IP
  20. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    Dekker, Mar 9, 2006 IP