1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Is it So Hard To Find A Partner To Work With In The USA?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by aren, Mar 5, 2008.

I've been trying so hard to find a partner that can do web design/programming to work with me to make a web site. I can't find anyone that's in the USA and that has the same passion as I do. Freaking amazing..

aren, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  2. UnBooked

UnBooked Peon

Best Answers:
    May I ask what type of site? I don't do any design or programming work but I own over 10 websites all which I made with no knowledge of design or programming work. I either payed for the work, found ways around it, or found free/payed pre-made scripts which were what I needed. Anyway as long as the site isnt too extensive I bet I could help.

UnBooked, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  3. drgeorgep

drgeorgep Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi ... may I suggest two fellows, with home I've worked, and seem to meet your passion needs. Neither is in the USA: programmer, in Canada, and design, in UK. Both are tops, but not in USA. Just a thought. Good luck.

drgeorgep, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  4. aren

aren Peon

Best Answers:
    You forgot to mention their names or any contact info.. but I am looking for a partnership.

aren, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  5. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    bobchrist, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  6. silveraden

silveraden Banned

Best Answers:
    because you need to pay them a lot of money compared to Indian and Filipino Programmers.

silveraden, Mar 6, 2008 IP
    SEOLinker likes this.
  7. shallowink

shallowink Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe its because you aren't bringing anything to the table? I mean its pretty obvious if you can't afford to hire a programmer/designer, you can't supply the capital needed for marketing. So what exactly is it you are offering to provide? Last I checked, there's a few million people with "great" ideas but no skills to implement them and they are all looking for partnerships with people who are trying to make a living providing their services.

shallowink, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  8. aren

aren Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't even find someone to tell my idea so they can decide whether or not to be my partner. I offer a very large capital and have vast knowledge in marketing.

aren, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  9. bluegill_catcher

bluegill_catcher Active Member

Best Answers:
    I find it's very easy and cheap to hire programmers, article writers, and who ever I need on www.Guru.com (But 90% of them are in India, Pakistan, etc) I would not even look to hiring a USA programmer because their rates are insane to me.

Also, the main reason I would not partner with anyone I do not know personaly, in the USA, is TRUST.......

Also lots of tech-folks in the USA seem greedy, I know my own brother makes an average of $350 a day as a chief programmer at his 9-5 job, I can get multiple jobs finished for that same amount of money from programmers in India, etc through Guru.com.

I think a lot of the USA trouble is greed, I earn on average $11 an hour after working the same 9-5 job for 30 years and I live fine on it. :)

bluegill_catcher, Mar 6, 2008 IP
    SEOLinker likes this.
  10. jdprgm

jdprgm Peon

Best Answers:
    I live in the US and have web development / programming skills. My site is 20dots.com to confirm this :).

I would be willing to listen to your ideas. Just pm me.

jdprgm, Mar 6, 2008 IP