1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PayPal sucks

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by kozyavka, Mar 5, 2008.

I've just learned my lesson - it is better to pay by credit card, you'll have at least your chance to open a dispute through credit company. Here is my situation: I purchased an expensive item on ebay (stupid me, never again) and paid full amount through PayPal. When item arrived, I've noticed that something was wrong with it and contacted seller. Seller didn't reply and I opened a dispute through PayPal. Seller reassured me that everything is fine and this is how it should be (this particular model). I trusted her and closed the dispute. A week later I was told that the item is a fake. I contacted seller again and of course no reply. Contacted PayPal and their response - you can only open a dispute once. Contacted ebay and their reaction - ok, we will remove this listing. What's the reason to remove the listing if she already sold it?!
    So, here is my lesson #1: Never buy on ebay. Sell on Ebay.
    Here is my lesson #2: If you buy online, pay by credit card. Your credit card will never reject you and you will be able to open a dispute at any time.

kozyavka, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  2. FredRoe

FredRoe Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah, Paypal doesn't protect you very much. I've lost thousands of dollars off of Ebay over the years, but have saved thousands more.

FredRoe, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  3. cooldude7273

cooldude7273 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Right. eBay gives you the power to save some serious money, but you have to be a smart shopper too. I've seen countless scams on eBay for various things. Remember folk: if it looks too good to be true, then it probably is.

cooldude7273, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  4. hav0c

hav0c Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    This sounds more like it's yours and the sellers fault. The seller lied, or mislead you into thinking that the item was like it should be. You cancelled the dispute, not eBay and not PayPal. If you had doubts, you should've stuck with the dispute until you found out the facts about the product. eBay's response may not have been correct, but you have the opportunity to file a SNAD.

hav0c, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  5. kozyavka

kozyavka Active Member

Best Answers:
    WHAT IS SNAD?

kozyavka, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  6. hav0c

hav0c Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    SNAD means, Significantly Not as Described.

hav0c, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  7. Isaak

Isaak Guest

Best Answers:
    Whether it's eBay or another online auction website, you can save a lot of money with all of them. My advice is also: stay away from the eBay company, whether the service is eBay, PayPal or any other service.

Isaak, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  8. PixelStreamed

PixelStreamed Peon

Best Answers:
    Should have left the dispute open until you knew for sure you are completely satisfied. I disagree with you actually, paypal is an excellent online payment solution.

PixelStreamed, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  9. Isaak

Isaak Guest

Best Answers:
    Then you must be one of the few who didn't experience the PayPal scams and the bad service. Lucky you.

Isaak, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  10. droper

droper Active Member

Best Answers:
    I had only one problem buying some expensive trading cards, fortunately that seller did the same thing in all his auctions, and the dispute was solved very quickly and a good amount of money recovered, it wasn't the 100% but nearly 80% of a purchase of around $200.

Every other time I saved a lot of money buying through ebay. Lately I am not using it a lot, but sure I will, when I need something too expensive in my country due traders/distributors, but very cheap anyplace in the world.

droper, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  11. bookm

bookm Banned

Best Answers:
    yee paypal really pissed me of...I made withdraw on 23 january and Still waiting $$$ ..waiting since 23 january..:(((

bookm, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  12. GamingWare

GamingWare Peon

Best Answers:
    just wondering... when will the big company (eBay) screw Skype so much to become completely useless...
    great ideas, bad management - that's eBay.

GamingWare, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  13. bigbluesky2006

bigbluesky2006 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you're having problems with PayPal it's important to realise that, no matter what you might have thought or what you've heard, PayPal is not a bank. It's not a credit card merchant, a credit union or even a financial institution.

PayPal is nothing more than a very successful and popular e-commerce business that allows its customers to make payments and to transfer money from one user's account to another. They are a payment processing company.

To most people there is no real distinction between being a payment processing company and being an actual bank, but for those of us who make our living online, it is vital to know the difference between the two and what it means to protect ourselves for our businesses to continue profiting.

PayPal is able to do what they want, when they want, with few regulating organizations to account for their actions. Since they aren't a bank, PayPal doesn't need to follow any US Federal or State, or International, banking regulations. :(

bigbluesky2006, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  14. mohaz

mohaz Peon

Best Answers:
    Many items on ebay are know to be fake while many more are genuinely legit, whenever I bought something from ebay I would try my best to research 'em items first, just don't wanna get crush and burn in the end.. yep PayPal is not a bank, any ebay is just like another market place..

thank you for sharing your experience, yep I suppose credit card is the way to go..

;)

mohaz, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  15. Isaak

Isaak Guest

Best Answers:
    Remember that credit cards are very costly, a debit card, also known as prepaid card would suit most people much more.

Isaak, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  16. hav0c

hav0c Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Credit cards are only as "costly" as you make them. They also offer protection when making purchases.

hav0c, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  17. Stop

Stop Peon

Best Answers:
    Will this is how paypal works.
    dont close a dispute if you are not sure about how things going on.
    nothing to say but bad luck.

Stop, Mar 7, 2008 IP