1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

epassporte help, please

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by gartar, Mar 5, 2008.

Hello

I have to receive money from company that can send me the money via epassporte.I still haven't account.

Let's say they send me the money, so what are my options to get the money, in my bank account?(I'm not from US, I have IBAN bank account)

Do I need personal account, or business?

Is personal account 100% free?

Is it free to receive money?

How long will I have to wait for the money?

Thank you in advance.

gartar, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  2. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    The Virtual Visa is free for the first year but it would cost you $5 from the 2nd year onwards.

Since this option would just give you a virtual visa, it can only be used to spent online. You cannot withdraw to your bank unless you are in the US. There is a wire transfer option but it would cost you US$50 for the transfer which would probably not be worth in your case. You can opt for the Debit Card option which would cost you US$35 a year.

See https://www.epassporte.com/secure/jsp/PersonalAccounts.jsp#Personal

Normally, epassporte do not offer a business account unless you want to use it to pay affiliates.

The money would get to your epassporte account immediately.

eddy2099, Mar 5, 2008 IP
    neoms likes this.
  3. Idiot Inside

Idiot Inside Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They will send you Visa Electron Card, which can be used worldwide on the ATMs where VISA Plus is accepted. That card costs $35, which you can pay from the money that company sends you.

you need personal account.

Not really, it costs $5 per year. That fee is called Virtual Visa fee. It can be considered as account handling fee per year. You also pay $35 in order to get ATM Card (VISA Electron Card), this is one time fee, I guess.

yes, it is free to receive money. In epassporte, sender pays the fees.

You can almost receive instantly after account creation, but you might need to wait 1-2 weeks, depending on your location, to receive ATM Card .. it is required to cash out your money. It is best and recommended method, they do have wire transfer option, but don't go with that.

To find where their ATM Card will be usable, checkout this ATM Locater.

As a side note, their customer service is not too good. In case you need to contact them, tell me via PM ..i'll get you in touch with someone, personally.

Idiot Inside, Mar 5, 2008 IP
    neoms likes this.
  4. gartar

gartar Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much

I want to receive money with wire.I have personal, and virtual card.

Is it possible?

gartar, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  5. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe so. The fees for withdrawal via wire transfer is US$50 according to ePassporte FAQ.

https://www.epassporte.com/secure/jsp/Questions.jsp#WITHDRAWALS

eddy2099, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  6. gartar

gartar Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot

Is there anyone not from EU, that can tell approximately how long do I have to wait from the date of the receiving the money(in epassporte) to the date of getting the money in bank account(with wire)

Thanks

gartar, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  7. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    No idea there but it would actually be cheaper if you got the Debit Card instead since the $35 for the debit card would allow you to use it for a full year instead of the $50 for each single wire transfer.

eddy2099, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  8. gartar

gartar Peon

Best Answers:
    Thnaks,

is wire the only one option for me?

gartar, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  9. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    No, getting the Debit Card is the other option which is definitely a better option than wire transfer.

eddy2099, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  10. gartar

gartar Peon

Best Answers:
    I have debit card, not from them.(not from US bank)

Can I use it and get money there?

And why do you think wire is not OK?Only for the $50, or you have another reason?

Thank you

gartar, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  11. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    ePasssporte offers their own Debit Card and you cannot load your own Debit Card from ePassporte balance.

Well, I am just thinking about what is economical here. In the end, it all depends on what you plan to do. If you are planning to only use ePassporte only once then the Wire Transfer may not be a bad option since it is only $50 per transfer. However, if you plan to use ePassporte to withdraw more than 1 time then the ePassporte Debit Card would be the cheapest and fastest option because it cost $35 per year for the card and you can withdraw as many times as you want in a year, each withdrawal is only $2.

Technically speaking, with the ePassporte Debit Card, making 7 withdrawal ($2 x 7) + $35 for the card would cost you the same price ($49) as 1 single Wire Transfer ($50). Imagine if you withdraw via wire transfer 7 times in a year, it would cost you $50 x 7 = $350 in wire transfer fees alone.

In the end, it is your money so it depends on how you decide.

eddy2099, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  12. gartar

gartar Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot

gartar, Mar 6, 2008 IP