1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Shakin’ Em Up

Discussion in 'Google' started by mortgage-pro-seo, Dec 16, 2004.

1. dazzlindonna

dazzlindonna Peon

Best Answers:
    I keep saying this across the forums, but no one seems to be paying much attention to me. So, maybe here... For those of you with their sites dropping like a rock, please check your results using the site:www.yourdomain.com command. Do you see what you expected to see? Are your pages gone?

dazzlindonna, Dec 17, 2004 IP
  2. leeds1

leeds1 Peon

Best Answers:
    dazzle

I saw your other posts

(so far) my rankings have not been affected - but I have lost maybe 60% of my pages in g from maybe 110k to 40k...hmmmm

leeds1, Dec 17, 2004 IP
  3. jontelofot

jontelofot Peon

Best Answers:
    My traffic and revenue went down 50% yesterday and another 25% today. site:command still showing around 500000, just like before.

jontelofot, Dec 17, 2004 IP
  4. dazzlindonna

dazzlindonna Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you leeds1, that your loss of index pages doesn't affect your rankings. For those of you who have had their rankings affected, does it relate in any way to what you see with the site: command? So far, every one I've tested (mine and others) does relate - but I don't have a big enough sample to know for sure.

5. dazzlindonna

dazzlindonna Peon

Best Answers:
    jontelofot, your traffic and revenue went down - but is that directly related to your rankings going down? did they?

6. jontelofot

jontelofot Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, they did. The keyword tracker shows all red for the 20 keywords I'm tracking. Many of them have been solid top 3 in the serps for 3-4 months, but are now bumped to page 2 or 3...

The biggest change though is the unoptimized searches. The traffic I'm recieving from google that do NOT have my optimized keywords in the search has gone down from around 2000 hits/day the last two months to <100 today...

jontelofot, Dec 17, 2004 IP
  7. dazzlindonna

dazzlindonna Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, thanks for the info jf. From the feedback I've received so far, it is split at about 50/50 so far. about half of those that dropped also show no results in site: command. half that dropped show no problems with site: command. so obviously, there is more than one thing at play here. i appreciate the feedback.

8. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    We had a big site get pounded (lost 90% of its pages) a couple of weeks ago. Took place over about 2 weeks. Went from 30k on average to almost 60k and then down to 1,400 last week. We have slowing been gaining pages back in the G cache. Gbot activity stopped for a couple of days and I thought she might be dead at that point. Traffic from G was gone for 2-3 days as well. Then traffic slowly started to come back as did gbot and pages in the index. Today Gbot has been very active on that site.

So, I am hoping that maybe G just wanted to "reset" that site or something.

chachi, Dec 17, 2004 IP
  9. mortgage-pro-seo

mortgage-pro-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    This recent shakeup has reminded me that, one should never count solely on search engine traffic.

For me, I need to get back to beating the pavement and acquiring more referral sources.

Happy Holidays!

The Upfront Mortgage Professional

mortgage-pro-seo, Dec 17, 2004 IP
  10. c3kids

c3kids Peon

Best Answers:
    dazzlindonna,

My SERPS are destroyed today, but my site:www.domain.com command is still showing my full results of 2850 pages - same as last few months.

However, I've been watching two VERY competitive keywords for allinanchor as a part of my Ad Network roll-out, and I've seen dramatic changes there today. Here's what I've seen over the past several days:

Date KW1 KW2

12/13 #180 #65
    12/14 #140 #55
    12/15 #100 #35
    12/16 #80 #25
    12/17 #340 #135

Looks like an algo impact for backlinks and/or anchor text. I hope it's temporary. I'm just short of panic here after seeing such great results from the Ad Network and having such high hopes!

c3kids, Dec 17, 2004 IP
  11. thebassman

thebassman Asleep at the Keyboard

Best Answers:
    When I do the site:www.mydomain.com what should I be seeing? My index page isn't show up first... is that what I should be looking for? What does that mean?

thebassman, Dec 17, 2004 IP
  12. wrkalot

wrkalot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Using site:www .mydomain.com shows 3800... up from 517.

wrkalot, Dec 17, 2004 IP
  13. dyn4mik3

dyn4mik3 Peon

Best Answers:
    It shows what pages are indexed by google.

dyn4mik3, Dec 17, 2004 IP
  14. dazzlindonna

dazzlindonna Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry thebassman, should have been more specific. site: command does indeed show what pages google has indexed, as dyn4mik3 says, and I was wanting to see if anyone had seen the number of indexed pages reduced in great numbers, or gone altogether.

15. JonahViaKeyboard

JonahViaKeyboard Peon

Best Answers:
    site:www.mydomain.com won't tell you much unless you were monitoring it earlier. It's rare that Google will have all your pages indexed - especially if you're continually adding pages with a forum. If you saw your numbers take a dive, that'd be cause for concern unrelated to a drop in SERPs.

JonahViaKeyboard, Dec 17, 2004 IP
  16. wrkalot

wrkalot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I should have added... I don't have 3800 pages. I really have about 900. Why they are showing 3800 I have no idea.

wrkalot, Dec 17, 2004 IP
  17. dakar

dakar Active Member

Best Answers:
    hmmmm something screwy going on now.... a site: command pulls my front page, and a fair number of the rest of the pages in the forum, but their title and descriptions are now blank (they weren't before).... hope they are in the middle of re-populating fields or something.

dakar, Dec 17, 2004 IP
  18. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Simple question - what is the PR of those sites who are dropping?

Pr4 and PR5 sites are increasing, but one PR4 site that isn't worked on as much is dropping in some areas, none were top spots to start with on that site.

debunked, Dec 17, 2004 IP
  19. HansV

HansV Peon

Best Answers:
    Art of Love has pr5

HansV, Dec 17, 2004 IP
  20. janecompersnews

janecompersnews Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hiya Donna, site command showing what it should for me. No changes at all in SERPS or traffic (or number of backlinks in the last update for most of my sites).

Other info for reference...
    PR6.
    I'm in the UK.

Jane

janecompersnews, Dec 17, 2004 IP