1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do NOT Post Here About Copyrights, Article Spinners, or to Hire Writers!!!

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by jhmattern, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    It's been said here over and over, but let's try this again, shall we? We have a long-term problem with misplaced threads here in the Copywriting forum.

Copyrights

The Copywriting forum is NOT where you should be asking questions about copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property issues.

Look closely.... copywriting.... copyright - not the same thing.

Posting copyright questions in the copywriting forum will get you an infraction for misplaced threads, and it will be moved. The copywriting forum is for discussions about writing (questions about becoming a Web writer, etc.). If your topic relates to content, but revolves primarily around the copyright of that content, it belongs in the legal issues forum.

Hiring Writers / Advertising Writing Services

The Copywriting forum is also NOT for advertising your writing services or posting ads to hire writers. Again, if you do it, your thread will be moved and you'll receive an infraction. Place those threads in the Content Creation forum where they belong, and if you don't yet meet the requirements to post there in the Buy/Sell/Trade area, then don't try to "sneak" your ads in here. Wait like everyone else had to.

Article Spinning / Content Generation Software

This is a copywriting forum. It's for discussing the writing of copy and content. It does NOT mean "copied" writing or anything of the like. Article spinning software has nothing to do with writing.

If your question or comment about this kind of software is related to blog content, it should be in blogging.

If your question or comment about this kind of software is related to using it in article marketing, it belongs in general marketing.

If your question or comment about this kind of software is related to using it for search engine optimization (questions about duplicate content using it, using it solely to add more keyword-rich pages to your site, etc.), it belongs in search engine optimization or keywords depending on your post.

jhmattern, Mar 4, 2008 IP
    farrhad and Jenna Appleseed like this.
  2. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This thread was a long time coming.

Thanks for the sticky, hopefully it'll clear the Copywriting category out of all the offers/requests/copyright subjects :)

zac439, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  3. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I hope so too. Now that I'm a mod, at least I can try to clear it quickly, since I check this section religiously, instead of annoying them with constant thread reports. :D Those types of threads just seriously tick me off over here... I don't know why people have such a hard time reading.

jhmattern, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  4. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats on the Mod position Jenn. Give 'em hell!

internetauthor, Mar 5, 2008 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  5. rome9t9

rome9t9 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for posting this. People generally get confused between the two terms..:)

rome9t9, Mar 9, 2008 IP
  6. J.gia

J.gia Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats !!! Mod but can you please explain me why cant i post a new thread in any of the sections in the forum I wanted to introduce myself but could not post can you please explain me what should i do ???

J.gia, Mar 9, 2008 IP
  7. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    You were probably trying to post to an area you didn't have permissions for yet before you hit 25 posts (like the marketplace area). Now that you have 30, you should be able to.

jhmattern, Mar 9, 2008 IP
  8. what

what Active Member

Best Answers:
    congratulations jenn! you'll do a great job being a mod, that's for sure! :)

what, Mar 11, 2008 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  9. Seasidewriter

Seasidewriter Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Jenn's already doing an excellent job! Nice avatar update too! Congrats.

Seasidewriter, Mar 11, 2008 IP
  10. vjlenin

vjlenin Active Member

Best Answers:
    The sticky is informative. Even now, I just found someone posting the Copyright questions here. Copyright is a rule automatically generated when you create something. But for ordinary users, it is no use whatever, since you won't be able to register Copyright; it requires money for that. You can instead use the Creative Commons license (double c's in a circle, so double effective). Some tips may be here:

1. Keep the date when you post the article in your blog or wherever intact.
    2. Never allow anyone to post your content. Copyscape your blog once in a month or so.
    3. If anyone is plagiarizing, tell him outright to remove the content, or you will contact their host.

You should even think getting copyright registration on works if you are well off.

vjlenin, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  11. MikeDirnt

MikeDirnt Peon

Best Answers:
    lol at first glance i thought it is about copyright issues

MikeDirnt, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  12. J.gia

J.gia Peon

Best Answers:
    Even i felt that Mike but Big J thread made it clear enough :p Hip Hip Hurray Finally we all know where to post what

J.gia, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  13. MikeDirnt

MikeDirnt Peon

Best Answers:
    so after all these posts, what is copywriting actually? i cant seem to find whats the meaning from the first post.

you mean you copy your writings and post it here?

MikeDirnt, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  14. roseau

roseau Peon

Best Answers:
    Copy refers to, for instance, "sales copy" or copy that is written in a newspaper. The word copy is the material that is written, thus copywriting is the act of writing copy.

It has nothing to do with the duplication of anything. Hope this helps you. :)

roseau, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  15. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    I already made it clear in the first post. This forum is for discussing writing (but not the sale of writing services). As we don't have a separate forum for content writing, this area is for discussing that as well as copywriting. Roseau gave you a basic definition of copywriting, and it's been defined here dozens of times in the past. Please use the search function to see if basic questions have already been answered here.

jhmattern, Mar 22, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.