1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A hosted-BANS, but better. 100% Commissions

Discussion in 'eBay' started by purdue512, Dec 21, 2007.

1. OddManOut

OddManOut Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey purdue, question.. Where does all this content come from under FEEDS? Are other people finding it to be appropriate to their niches?

OddManOut, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  2. purdue512

purdue512 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a BIG RSS database that is currently providing those. I've wondered if Store Owners might prefer to set up their own RSS content. Perhaps make this an option?

A) Use the built-in database
    B) Put in your own RSS feeds for use in the feeds section with an add / delete list interface.

Opinions?

Thx

purdue512, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  3. anarmyofme

anarmyofme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd prefer, personally, to leave it. I'm getting sales from unrelated items on my site that more than likely come from this section.

anarmyofme, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  4. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Okay thanks. If we do introduce a feature, we'll be sure to make the default how it is today so your stuff will keep on working.

Any other thoughts on this?

purdue512, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  5. auburnfan23

auburnfan23 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I pick up a lot of search engine traffic just from different Amazon products that have nothing to do with my website so I think its good like it is..

auburnfan23, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  6. alext

alext Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is an interesting feature. It seems to bring up a lot of text related only by keyword rather than relevance. So from one point of view, it looks a little weird to have pages of "unrelated" content. On the other hand it is all keyword related, so it might be effective.

Since auburnfan23 is saying it is effective, I am not planning on changing it. However if having more options / control over it is possible who am I to complain? :)

alext, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  7. tsinind

tsinind Peon

Best Answers:
    wow it's really amazing!
    You've done a good job!
    I am pleased to do beta-test. :)

tsinind, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  8. auburnfan23

Best Answers:
    Yeah when I Check my Search Engine Traffic and click to see what they were searching for I see all types
    of stuff they searched for and found items through my site that led them to Amazon. So I guess if you had options that would be great to.

auburnfan23, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  9. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Okay cool. I learning toward a feature here.

Also - We're offering a free 1 hour phone training on how to set-up an IncomeStore for the next 20 sales if that helps your promotional activities. We've given a bunch this week (newbie oriented, others probably won't want it) and the feedback has been quite positive. It's helped us close a bunch of sales. We're viewing this as a pilot and are considering selling the training sessions as an add-on for a small fee...

purdue512, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  10. alext

alext Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is good. The more I was thinking about it the more I wanted to eit my post and say, more options would be better.

My concerns with the current feed/content system are:

1) Non-relevant content
    2) Duplicate content

Honestly I am not sure either of these are actual problems now or even in the future. But having more options on what ends up there gives us the potential to create more unique pages.

I think this is a really excellent idea. IMHO this really gives you an edge over services/systems. Another way you could continue this would be offering ongoing class on promoting the site.

alext, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  11. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the feedback... When you do this day-in and day-out, you often forget how it was to be starting out. Doing these has reminded me that people just need guidance and reassurance to get the cart in motion.

purdue512, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  12. anarmyofme

anarmyofme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    FYI...

I had been denied by 2 rather large affiliate programs (CJ) that carry a lot of products related to my niche. I wrote both of them a 4-5 sentence email asking for reconsideration and was approved by both. So, if any of you have any denied applications, just write them and you may get approved!

anarmyofme, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  13. auburnfan23

Best Answers:
    Yes I have done this aswell I usually write the url I want to promote there products on in the email so they can check it out and if they like it they will approve..

auburnfan23, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  14. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Good idea, especially if the merchant is perfect for your niche. You need things that are relevant and tightly clustered to help the SEO of your store.

purdue512, Mar 8, 2008 IP
  15. alext

alext Active Member

Best Answers:
    How do I access the widget module? My link is not active in the admin section. Is it available yet?

alext, Mar 8, 2008 IP
  16. Fivestar

Fivestar Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Purdue, congrats on your product. I bought B*N* a couple of months ago, but as a newbie, with insufficient time in the evenings to put towards building let alone marketing a site, I gave up as the techo stuff eluded me. Have been investigating Wordpress and ebay feed options. Your option looks great, as it offers the opp to add unique content in addition to the affiliate feeds.

thanks,

FS

Fivestar, Mar 9, 2008 IP
  17. Fivestar

Fivestar Peon

Best Answers:
    And how long is the introductory offer on for ? And can we suggest a (available) domain name and have you to register it?

Fivestar, Mar 9, 2008 IP
  18. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Absolutely. When you buy your store, there are two options:

1) Have us register a new domain name of your choice automatically
    2) Supply your own domain name and do the DNS yourself

If you are unsure about how to DNS, go with option 1 as it's FULLY AUTOMATIC. You be given a domain name search box during registration and can select whatever you want (that's available). Our API registers the domain name for you and your store is up and running in real-time...

Many use option 2 if they already have a domain name sitting around. For this option you will be given two of our name servers that you need to repoint that domain's DNS to.

As for the current offer length - We're still finding the odd bug here and there, but we're down to like 3 a week. So v1.0 is not too far off - which is when the offer will end.

purdue512, Mar 9, 2008 IP
  19. Outlander49

Outlander49 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This NOOB has been holding off making a decision with BANS and I like some of the concepts with Income Stores. Is it just me or do the home page layouts look similar without much color choice? I know that the visual kick I first get from looking at site is a big plus before I check for content.

Slainte!!

Outlander49, Mar 9, 2008 IP
  20. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Good question. Understand totally.

In IncomeStores you have full control over the store colors. See the example stores at the site. Header. Nav bar. Sub bar on the left. Sub bar on the right. So on and so forth.

purdue512, Mar 9, 2008 IP