1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how hard is mySQL to learn?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by whiteblue1942, Mar 5, 2008.

compared to PHP how hard is mySQL to learn? i know quite a bit of PHP and was just wondering if its like learning a whole new language or if i should be able to pick it up rather easily?:)

whiteblue1942, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  2. xubz

xubz Peon

Best Answers:
    It would take less than an hour to learn some basic Relational MySQL. (Will take a longer time for Stored Procedures, et.al)

xubz, Mar 5, 2008 IP
    whiteblue1942 likes this.
  3. QiSoftware

QiSoftware Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you talking about the query language-- SQL that MySQL uses? SQL is the standard language used by many relational databases. This link -- http://www.w3schools.com/sql/default.asp provides a good tutorial on SQL.

Q...

QiSoftware, Mar 5, 2008 IP
    whiteblue1942 likes this.
  4. whiteblue1942

whiteblue1942 Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm thanks! rep added!

whiteblue1942, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  5. dilipv

dilipv Peon

Best Answers:
    hi there,

i am new to this forum, i am developing a web application, in which i wanted application to automatically create a database, create table and also able to store data in table as well.i would like to use MS access as backend and frontend in asp.net 2.0
    Can anyone would like to help or share the views with us is most welcome.

Thank you
    Jitesh
    Programmer
    www.intelcs.com

dilipv, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  6. AstarothSolutions

AstarothSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    It is however worth learning SQL properly including stored procedures and functions etc (these are much more server dependant than straight queries) as it is much more efficient to have all the data manipulation done in the SQL server than have continuous trips between webserver and sql server (esp when the site is large and so the two are on different machines) but many people who dont know SQL well will resort to programming loops on the webserver etc to achieve the results they want

AstarothSolutions, Mar 6, 2008 IP