1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Changing directions of a website

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Blonde Jon, Mar 4, 2008.

I have a website that I would like to change the total purpose of the site. I have a some what of a community built and am really tired of running the site. I've had no revenue from the site (I could have done more to monetize it.) The site has a PR of 0.

Do you think I should just trash the site and start over? The only reason why I hesitate just trashing the site is for the small community who are using the site. It might be a bummer for some of them to come to the site and find that it is gone. Do any of you have any advice on the situation?

Thanks

Blonde Jon, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  2. Austars

Austars Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends, what sort of community is it?

Austars, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  3. Blonde Jon

Blonde Jon Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It's my free WP themes site in my sig.

4. Austars

Austars Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well how do you have to run it? Can't you just let the community build up or whatever and start a new site? If I was you I would add some ads, perhaps pay for some cheap seo to try and get more visitors, then let the community do its thing while you start a new online venture.

Austars, Mar 4, 2008 IP
    Blonde Jon likes this.
  5. Blonde Jon

Blonde Jon Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The only thing is I have to approve the themes. And that is the biggest reason I want to get away from that. Secondly, most people submit themes because their themes have sponsored links on them. That's why I was into it, but this post opened my eyes on sponsored themes:

http://www.avivadirectory.com/downloadblog/?p=338

This post kind of makes me want to get away from the Free WP theme scene all together.

6. Austars

Austars Active Member

Best Answers:
    So you're just sick of WP themes? I totally hear you on that, if I was in your shoes then I'd try to sell the site so as to not upset the community there, then start fresh on something else you are interested in.

Austars, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  7. eruct

eruct Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Create a banner at the top of your page saying that you are selling. Maybe one of your members will buy it.

eruct, Mar 4, 2008 IP