1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice in marketing my website.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by dspohn23, Mar 4, 2008.

I have a website that is slightly less than 2 months old. I believe the content is highly targeted to individual website users. From my google analytics stats, it appears that users are interested in the content and continue to move through my site.

My google analytics stats are as follows:

Visits

Pages/Visit

Avg. Time on Site
    00:03:02

% New Visits
    81.84%

Bounce Rate
    34.58%

To me it appears that my website is found useful by my users. However how should I go about increasing traffic to my site? Should I just wait and expect users to link back to my site? Will google serps increase overtime (since I am a new site)? Or should I continue to build links to the site (I am nervous about this because I don't want to be penalized)

dspohn23, Mar 4, 2008 IP
    iceberg likes this.
  2. WhoJayBe

WhoJayBe Peon

Best Answers:
    WhoJayBe, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  3. dspohn23

dspohn23 Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you had any success with del.icio.us?

dspohn23, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  4. redspace

redspace Peon

Best Answers:
    just use any high PR and high traffic bookmarking site. you never know before you try.

redspace, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  5. iceberg

iceberg Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can submit your site to directories, social bookmarking sites and the most imp is keep on adding more and more unique content. :)

iceberg, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  6. UnBooked

UnBooked Peon

Best Answers:
    So advice I could give you is to find some cheap website traffic that you can purchase, shoots up alexa ratings and does wonders for your website. I sell 1 million visitors which has brought clients anywhere around 1500-3000 visitors a day. PM me if interested.

UnBooked, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  7. 5stardreams

5stardreams Peon

Best Answers:
    No one has said this, so I will. Keep posting in the forums.

5stardreams, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  8. enous

enous Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OH.good job you had done

enous, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  9. dspohn23

dspohn23 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the advice, everyone. I am going to try some different social bookmarking sites, and see how that turns out.

Anyone have any advice, at how to get users to return to sites? Should I start a forum?

dspohn23, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  10. vijayan

vijayan Peon

Best Answers:
    yes , social bookmarking can be best if it's entertainment website.

vijayan, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  11. ransomrose

ransomrose Peon

Best Answers:
    also include some free reports if you can about your subject matter people love free stuff

ransomrose, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  12. wantmomoney

wantmomoney Peon

Best Answers:
    Stop worrying about a so called "penalty" and start busting your a** promoting your site. If you put in some time and work diligently at it, you WILL see results.

wantmomoney, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  13. ransomrose

ransomrose Peon

Best Answers:
    go to magnetic sponsoring website program called building a business on a budget!

ransomrose, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  14. dspohn23

dspohn23 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am worried about a penalty, because I promoted my site: findsomearticles.com. It was ranking fairly well when it was a month old. I kept on promoting it, and now when I google, the site name: find some articles, my site doesn't show up until the third or fourth page. It used to show up #1 in the Google. That site is now almost 3 months old.

My website traffic has almost been cut in half since it was a month old.

dspohn23, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  15. wantmomoney

wantmomoney Peon

Best Answers:
    OK, so how do you know that the reason your site is no longer at the number one spot is because of a penalty? Did you expect it to just stay there forever? The internet is constantly changing and search engine results are constantly in flux. Search Engine Rankings are nothing you can depend on. Just make your site a really great site and you'll get all the traffic you need. Also promote your site through other avenues besides search engines. There are many of us who generate nearly all of our traffic through non-search engine methods. Heck, if I had to wait for my blog to be placed well in search engine results, I would have given up and quit a long time ago.

wantmomoney, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  16. holisticim

holisticim Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't necessarily say you were penalized, or else you wouldn't even show up in the SERPs. It is more probable that the sites appearing above you have optimized their sites better. I wouldn't be afraid to market your web site if you do it in the correct ways. Also, try as many methods as possible for the best results, including, search engine optimization, posting on social networking sites, blogging, forums, and link building. I may have missed it, but what have you tried so far? You might want to check out this blog for some great tips on internet marketing: holisticinternetmarketing dot com. Good luck, and hope your site is a great success. -Cheers

holisticim, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  17. Himalayan

Himalayan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Make an article and submit it in article directories for more visibility and traffic.

Himalayan, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  18. futigi

futigi Peon

Best Answers:
    What happened was that when you first released the site and began promoting it like crazy, Google saw it and thought to itself, "man, this site is going to be very popular."

Then your site didn't meet the expectations that Google had for it due to your aggressive promoting, and they re-aligned your ranking to where it should really be.

The bottom line: Take it slow. Slow and steady wins Google over.

futigi, Mar 4, 2008 IP