1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's The Best Way To Let Google Know My Joomla Site Has New Content

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by touchAshley, Feb 27, 2008.

I see new pages on some sites are indexed within minutes.. Like DP

What's a good plugin/component/module for Joomla ?

touchAshley, Feb 27, 2008 IP
  2. Win Z

Win Z Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd also like to know if there's any such way to do it in any other way than submitting sitemap.

Win Z, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  3. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Id like to know too, hopefully someone can advise us. :)

pipes, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  4. Bohol

Bohol Peon

Best Answers:
    Burn your Joomla site with Feedburner.com. Every Joomla installation comes with RSS. Once you have burned your Joomla site, submit your RSS feed to pingomatic.com or pingoat.com.

Another way is to submit an article from your joomla site to one of the popular Bookmark sites like digg, reddit, stumble, technorati. Google will immediately find you through these bookmark sites.

Bohol, Mar 4, 2008 IP
    pipes likes this.
  5. MrGamma

MrGamma Peon

Best Answers:
    getting your links out there is the only way to get Google to crawl your site effectively...

IN fact... if your relying on sitemaps... you may very well be masking crawlability errors with your site... run xenu on your site an look for duplicate page urls...

preferably... I wouldn't and don't use the sitemap method... if my pages don't index then I know it's a problem with the cms... not a problem with Google...

If you watch your raw logs... you will see clear evidence that Google crawls a site and the new pages it finds almost instantly ( less than a few days )... unless your publishing 100,000 plus pages with deeply nested hierarchies... sitemaps should be avoided at all costs...

if you can't wait the few days... get more authoritative links... expand your network... stop kicking the dirt with sitemaps...

MrGamma, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  6. aap

aap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think best way is to put summary on first page. The first page of site is frequently crawled by google.

aap, Mar 6, 2008 IP