1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to sell a business like this

Discussion in 'General Business' started by stinkingrich, Mar 2, 2006.

I entered into a contract with a big company to seo their website and share a percentage of their product sale. Now I am geting a regular monthly income for last 7 months and it is steadily increasing. All my link sources are well defined and in place to cater to their changing/increasing needs for more keywords and more urls. On a daily basis, I dont spend more than an hour on it.
    Now my question is that is it possible to sell a business like this to a third party. And at what price (in multiples of monthly income) ?

stinkingrich, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  2. NetMidWest

NetMidWest Peon

Best Answers:
    Read your contract. It may not be transferable. In their shoes, I would have stipulated this, in that I would have more control over who puts what on my site. To bring in a third party, not of my choosing, perhaps sold to the highest bidder, would seriously anger me.

And if you are talking about selling the SEO services as well, that would also be a huge breach of trust, if not of contract.

NetMidWest, Mar 2, 2006 IP
    Crazy_Rob likes this.
  3. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The company you have a contract with would naturally have to okay any sale.
    They may or may not go along with it.
    Probably the best step is, if you have a written contract, is contact a lawyer to see if you can sell the contract to another party without any liability or the contracted company will honor the new owner of the contract.

iowadawg, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  4. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You must consult a lawyer on this.
    And also the company you are in contract with.
    They might not be comfortable with allowing anyone to manage their site and site promotion in search engine.

regards
    jeet

JEET, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  5. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You might try contacting the company you are doing business with and asking them if they would like to buy you out. They may be interested in controlling everything themselves and not having to split their profits. Personally I would ask them if they wanted it first.

jestep, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  6. mhdoc

mhdoc Tauren

Best Answers:
    Have you considered borrowing against the projected income stream instead of selling? That would provide cash now without raising all the selling issues. Obviously, this will not be a bank loan, but a retired business person looking for a better return would be a likely source.

mhdoc, Mar 3, 2006 IP