1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many posts daily to expect $20/day?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by FireStorM, Feb 28, 2006.

i would like to know about how many posts must be done daily to expect $20/day .. Assuming the adsense ads are well placed within the posts and the CPC of the site`s keyword is more than $0.15.

FireStorM, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  2. proudlyPinoy

proudlyPinoy Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't really know if high number of posts per day equals higher earnings per day. I do believe though that all those posts will help your blog one day (if not today). :)

proudlyPinoy, Mar 1, 2006 IP
  3. Jim_Westergren

Jim_Westergren Notable Member

Best Answers:
    EDIT: Oops, thought you meant here on the DP forum ...

Jim_Westergren, Mar 1, 2006 IP
  4. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I agree!
    I would prefer one or two posts a day with some really good and unique content ;)

Jarodboy, Mar 1, 2006 IP
  5. toby

toby Notable Member

Best Answers:
    heh Jim, what you mean by Thread? You are talking about forum?

toby, Mar 1, 2006 IP
  6. Jim_Westergren

Jim_Westergren Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Misunderstanding, thought the poster meant the DP forums ...

Jim_Westergren, Mar 1, 2006 IP
  7. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    You can make more money with 1 post a week then 1000 posts a day if its a quality post. I had one post last week that brought in around 20,000 uniques in one week. If I had cut and paste 1000 articles in that day, I would have probably had 5 uniques.

Concentrate on how many posts you can do AND maintain quality and be original. That is the number that will make the most for you.

yfs1, Mar 1, 2006 IP
  8. Mister Tut

Mister Tut Guest

Best Answers:
    How much you make depends on traffic.
    Getting traffic has to do with SERPs, and regularly updated content will help with that, more than necessarily having tons of daily posts.
    Make your posts linkworthy, and you'll get improved SERPS and natural traffic as well.

So: Quality and regularity is more important that tons of daily posts. 5-7 500-800 word, quality (there's that word again) posts a week, preferrably one a day, is sufficient. You can add more, but your returns on effort may not be worthwhile.

To make 20$ a day and get there soon, you'd better have very compelling content!

Mister Tut, Mar 1, 2006 IP
  9. FireStorM

FireStorM Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    oops sorry , i mean Post on my Blog , not on DP .

FireStorM, Mar 1, 2006 IP
  10. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    I don't think an increase is posts would be relational to your CTR. In fact, with regular members, I would bet your CTR goes down!

You need fresh meat, constant new traffic. Plus, your topic needs to be in a demographic of people with money that are wanting to shop.

noppid, Mar 1, 2006 IP
  11. people76

people76 Guest

Best Answers:
    I can't agree with those who says more post is not more $$$. Of course understand equality of your content, in the sense do you have samething interesting to say or not is the point, hovewer...

On one of my blog I have almost 1300 orginal articles. Now I am posting there, once, twice a week. And I still get 1500 - 2000 uniques a day! Why? Becouse of search engines. If you have over 1000 articles, And You a little care about SEO you will easy make 20$/day in my humle opinion. The rule is simple: More of post in Google, more cash you have. And what I like with that it is passive incomming.

Although I can't agree number of post is not important I agree equality of content and regullary posting is more important then how much post you can make. From other hand: more post you write means you will "first 1K of posts" faster.

What is giving cash for me:

1. total number of indexed pages (which is realted to how much posts you have),

2.how regullary and how interesting can you blog? - that gives traffic generated not form SEngines but by blogosphere

people76, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  12. cpucandy

cpucandy Peon

Best Answers:
    It's funny you mentioned that. I had the same experience a couple of days ago where I had a post in my blog generate over 2,000 uniques for 1 day. It was actually ended up being my best day ever with any of my websites.

cpucandy, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  13. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    I know what that’s like. I have three blogs two get about 150 hits day and the other one about 100. My click income has actually decreased!!! I’m not even going to tell you what last month’s income was.

This one www.amar-ela.blogspot is 6th in the literature section of Blogtopsites

Emperor, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  14. people76

people76 Guest

Best Answers:
    Dear Emperor, I think I know what can your problem be. Here you can find something useful in your sitaution: link

people76, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  15. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    I’ve just learned something “the hard way”. Nearly no one clicks on ads even not to mention bloggers. Yesterday one of my blogs got around 750 hits “1350 page loads” and I only got one Adsence hit.

Emperor, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  16. people76

people76 Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, so traffic is not a problem, CTR is. Even if you improve traffic three times you can't expects clicks... right?

In that sitaution I think, placement of your ads can be wrong, and you can have visitors in "no click mode", what I also experienced with one site once... That problem can be caused by your type of content, and can be impossible to solve.

If I were you I would try better ads placement. Cost some work, but can give good results. I would put ads near the post, or even inside the post, between first post title and body. Wish you good luck, my sypmhaty is on you, becouse.... I love Portugal :)

people76, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  17. FireStorM

FireStorM Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

hello , i have visited your site , i think you need to do some work on the placement of your ads .. Place the ads at the top left .. Place the ads in a way that it will be the ads which your visitors will see first .. what is your usual CTR?

FireStorM, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  18. cdl512

cdl512 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    volume of pages is important. properly placed adds are VERY important and content is important. There is no 1 right answer to the question. What is important is to do something, Anything, it is better than waiting weeks to find out what to do and then you have just waisted weeks. Make sure your content is something that pays well (good keywords) and then just go for it. You have to post alot, everyday and for a year at minimum and probably now 2 years to make real money so if you don't love it you might want to move on to something else cause the days you only make $.06 can SUCK!

cdl512, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  19. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    Firestorm thanks for the advice. I did as you suggested and moved the ads up so they are in plain site when the reader opens the page. Hope that this will get me some more clicks. :D

Emperor, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  20. Raffkhan

Raffkhan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's strange question. I think by creating a post per 2 days you can get more than $20 a day. All you have to do is maximizing your pages. Create greate articles so that your articles get linked by others and talked about. Marketing your blog. Blogging!
    Get your page listed on first position search result. Stay away from link farm.
    Link buliding when needed.

Raffkhan, Jul 31, 2012 IP