1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sitemaps may provide insight into future page rank ...

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by hulkster, Mar 2, 2006.

Now this is kinda interesting - wish I had looked at this a month ago. For those folks who track PageRank like the second coming of Christ, this one is for you! ;-)

So www.watching-paint-dry.com is a PR6 page - has been for a while. On January 15th, I created www.watching-paint-dry.com/v7ndotcom-elursrebmem/ for the SEO contest ... and while PR update is still in flux, all indications are it is going from 0 to 7.

If I look at the "Crawl Stats" in Sitemaps, it shows you the "Your page with the highest PageRank" BY MONTH ... and for January and February, it shows the sub-page above. Visible PR didn't start updating until mid-Febuary.

Now I just saw this, so don't know for sure what it would have look like back in January, but probably the same thing - i.e. I would have known back then that the sub-page was going to POP higher than the main page. Still woulda cost me a buck for a cup of coffee! ;-)

P.S. The usage is pretty limited and a real corner case here because it only tells you the top PR page (and not the number) plus this case is kinda rare where a sub-page ranks higher than the main domain - anyone else have similar situation they could look at?

hulkster, Mar 2, 2006 IP
    SumitBahl likes this.
  2. NetMidWest

NetMidWest Peon

Best Answers:
    You have links coming into your v7ndotcom elursrebmem pages from outside your site. In my case, and most others, there were no links from other websites to the pages in question.

NetMidWest, Mar 2, 2006 IP