1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My February stats for eBay/CJ: 2,411 clicks, ~$200

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by LongHaul, Mar 2, 2008.

Seems low. I had a few more clicks in January, but about double the sales and money.

What am I to make of this??

LongHaul, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  2. hanji

hanji Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it depends on what you sell... final sale price. I did a true EPC Earnings PER click with your numbers, and it came to .08/click. I received 11,607 clicks for Feb for $1,325, and my EPC is .11/click, so we're not far off when we look at clicks to cash comparison. Then again, we're probably selling completely different items, etc. Also, you said you had fewer clicks in January, but did better. For me I did better in sale count in January but my ACRUs were higher in February. Did you look at your leads? Could that be a factor as well?

Two more things..

#1 eBay announced a tracking problem with February final value fee calculations.. so they'll correct that (most likely in the form of a bonus later this month)

#2 When looking at January, could you be looking at the other additional earnings that happen later? eBay Performance Incentive AND sales tier. Remember, you're going to get an extra 5% added later in March for Feb. for the sales tier (exceeding $100)

Hope this helps
    hanji

hanji, Mar 2, 2008 IP
    LongHaul likes this.
  3. darkmessiah

darkmessiah Peon

Best Answers:
    With my own testing I have found it is indeed about .10 per click average.

darkmessiah, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  4. LongHaul

LongHaul Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies; if it's average then I'll quit bitching!

Maybe, I had 2 I think in Feb and maybe 5 in January, a bit higher %age in Jan but similar.

Ah yes, my January figure does include the bonus, while Feb does not. Thanks for the reminder!

Numbers aside, February just felt really slow for me which is why I was concerned. But my PPC spendings were far less in Feb so maybe I came out almost the same. Have to go look at my numbers more closely!

Thanks.

LongHaul, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  5. mcmuney

mcmuney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Run the report and use mycjreport.com to identify what you're selling. The number sound right, I got about $500 with 6,400 clicks for my first month.

mcmuney, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  6. pamon

pamon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    longhaul... how are u promoting the site? ppc?

pamon, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  7. LongHaul

LongHaul Peon

Best Answers:
    No, I stopped my PPC ads. May have to start them back up though.

Mostly through blogs attached to the sites, a little article marketing and Squidoo. Most visitors are organic SE and StumbleUpon.

LongHaul, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  8. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Shot in the dark here.... but are you a member of other eBay programs (AU, UK etc...)?

2008 has been a real stinker for me so far. My US sales have dropped, and my AU sales have gone up about 200% - but the commission percentage from eBay AU is only 20% - so my overall income is down for Jan/Feb.

Kerosene, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  9. LongHaul

LongHaul Peon

Best Answers:
    No, but I was thinking about joining those programs (UK, AU, etc) and incorporating more extensive searches in my pages. Is there any problem with signing up to the eBays of other countries? Is it cut and dried or is there some trickery that needs to be involved? I hate engaging in trickery, especially if it involves juggling more CJ accounts or email addresses. Call me lazy, if not ethical ;)

LongHaul, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  10. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    No trickery required :)

Just sign up - I think AU and UK accept everyone. You can use geo targeting to send your visitors to the appropriate eBay site depending on their location. It's worth doing. Even if you're only displaying US auctions, you can still send people to AU or UK using the US auction ID - they can bid and buy via their local eBay site, which is far more likely than them signing up to eBay US if they're already AU or UK eBayers (especially if they're already logged into their local eBay). The AU and UK commissions aren't as good as the US commissions, but they're better than nothing.

Don't forget all the others... France, Spain etc... Oui oui si si!

Kerosene, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  11. hovesh07

hovesh07 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had real lousy numbers yesterday.
    0.02, 0.08, even a 0.00.
    I mean, doesn't a listing cost at least 0.30?
    Could this be due to low bid prices, or do I just pray the eBay readjusts at the end of the month?

hovesh07, Mar 4, 2008 IP