1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link back to a main site

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jasoncdu, Mar 2, 2008.

Hey everyone, I have a question. I want to link all my sites to a "network" central site. However all these sites are owned by me, and I was just wondering will google de-rank my rankings or hurt my site in anyway if I place a link on all my sites ( at the footer ) without using different IP addresses?

Thanks
    Jason

jasoncdu, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  2. jasoncdu

jasoncdu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Come on .. 18 views and no reply? This isn't a particularly hard question either .. can someone answer please ..

Jason

jasoncdu, Mar 2, 2008 IP
  3. Menno Spijkstra

Menno Spijkstra Peon

Best Answers:
    Jason, hard to tell if Google will penalize you. They might.

Better to put your network central site on a different server, then you're somewhat safe. Although they even look at the whois info in rare occasions.

Hope this helps.

Menno Spijkstra, Mar 2, 2008 IP
    jasoncdu likes this.
  4. KC TAN

KC TAN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No. Google will not penalize you based on that. Search engine understands that webmasters cannot control the links to our sites and hence, inbound links will never be a basis of penalization. The worst scenario is that you will not get any benefit from those links.

KC TAN, Mar 2, 2008 IP
    jasoncdu likes this.