1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Links & Google

Discussion in 'Google' started by UKWebmasterForum, Mar 1, 2008.

?

Selling Links with Google, good idea?

1. Yeah sounds like a good idea

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Nah, this would never work

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. Maybe, it would need some more features to work

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Show me the results

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
    If Google are so up tight about selling links, why doesn't Google come up with a safe way to sell them, I know you are able to if you apply the no-follow attribute, but some people don't want no-follow links.

They should come up with a text links service similar to AdSense which allows publishers to pay so much a month, and then they receive cash in return if someone decides to purchase a link on their website, if not, they can display other adverts in Google's inventory. The website could set their own prices on the links, Google could review the sites they let into the program, and Google would also make money from the service, I think Google would find most people would use it to stay safe from getting penalised. What do you guys think?

Please answer the poll honestly and seriously. Thanks in advance.

UKWebmasterForum, Mar 1, 2008 IP
    enQuira likes this.
  2. alemcherry

alemcherry Guest

Best Answers:
    You totally missed the point. Google DO NOT want to encourage selling links for the sake of increasing PR. If you want to sell, use nofollow.

You seems to find a solution for selling without nofollow and without getting penalised. That is simply something google don't want to see happening.

alemcherry, Mar 1, 2008 IP
    enQuira likes this.
  3. Markz

Markz Peon

Best Answers:
    Google do not want you to sell paid links. Why? Because they want to do it with Adwords.

Markz, Mar 1, 2008 IP
  4. UKWebmasterForum

UKWebmasterForum Guest

Best Answers:
    I think you've missed my point, these wouldn't be sold for PR, Google would control the links, so Google could also control the SERP's for the links they sell.

Yes I know, I was on about selling text links though, maybe they could integrate it into their AdWords program I don't know.

UKWebmasterForum, Mar 1, 2008 IP
  5. Forrest

Forrest Peon

Best Answers:
    uses javascript. And so can you, if you don't want to use nofollow.

Forrest, Mar 1, 2008 IP
  6. schwab

schwab Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think it's gonna work, and I don't see Google going to do such thing ever. They won't make another similar service. If they wanted to, they could've made Adsense ads "counted" as links, but they don't.

schwab, Mar 1, 2008 IP
  7. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google doesn't sell paid text links, they have the Adwords program. Adwords advertising units that appear in search results or on publishers page do not provide any Pagerank or SEO value.

The only reason someone wouldn't want to use the no-follow attribute is because they are getting the text link for Pagerank or SEO weight, which is manipulation of search results and Pagerank. If your doing it to sololy advertise and increase traffic the no-follow attribute should be of no concern

Google is not a paid search results search engine, doing this would make it one.

astup1didiot, Mar 1, 2008 IP
  8. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, they use java script, which means that these links means nothing to google bot. Such links are useless when it comes to SEO or PR

angilina, Mar 2, 2008 IP