1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

untill when we must put privacy policy in our site and not to be banned?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by lido2010, Feb 29, 2008.

untill when we must put privacy policy in our site and not to be banned?

lido2010, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  2. pipsbank

pipsbank Banned

Best Answers:
    until when?

when you start to collect personal data and info, you should have those privacy policy or else people can sue you over not declaring the policy.

pipsbank, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  3. tlainevool

tlainevool Guest

Best Answers:
    I think you are talking about the new privacy policy that is required by the new policy changes. I would suggest getting those up as soon as possible. I'm sure Google would give you some lee-way, but the sooner the better. I plan on doing it today.

tlainevool, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  4. lido2010

lido2010 Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks...
    yes...that i mean...
    so, sooner the better.....

5. FanAddict

FanAddict Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am sure they will give publishers who had sites up before this, time enough (maybe a couple of weeks - months?) before they start sending out notices. I doubt they would ban anyone over this...

FanAddict, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  6. 2greazy

2greazy Active Member

Best Answers:
    You don't have to accept the new TOS until may, so I assume it will be around then it comes into play.

2greazy, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  7. lido2010

lido2010 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i accept it when it appear when login...but have not privacy policy in my site yet ..
    i wish google give us good time...
    i wish also not to be baannnnned if not make privacy policy soon.

8. tlainevool

tlainevool Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm sure they wouldn't ban you for this right away. They'd probably give you a warning first, but still I think it's best to do it as quickly as possible to stay on Google's good side.

9. peter_anderson

peter_anderson Notable Member

Best Answers:
    peter_anderson, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  10. lido2010

lido2010 Active Member

Best Answers:
    thaaaaaanks.. peter_anderson for your offer...but from short time i
    found a Policy " below" and try to link it to all pages ...
    could it match what google need ??

by the way ..is google will visit every page and see if there a Policy ...??!!!

Privacy Policy:

We respect your privacy and we are committed to safeguarding your privacy while online at our site www.tothepc.com . The following discloses the information gathering and dissemination practices for this Web site.

Log Files
    Like most standard Web site servers we use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information.

Newsletter
    If a user wishes to subscribe to our newsletter (powered by Feedburner), we ask for contact information such as name and email address. Out of respect for our users privacy we provide a way to opt-out of these communications.

Cookies
    A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer tied to information about the user. Our site don’t use cookies. However, Some of our business partners use cookies on our site (for example, advertisers). However, we have no access to or control over these cookies, once we have given permission for them to set cookies for advertising.

Links
    This Web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.

Advertisers
    We use outside ad companies to display ads on our site. These ads may contain cookies and are collected by our ad companies, and we do not have access to this information. We work with the ad companies: Google Adsense. Please check their websites for respective privacy policies.

Contact Information
    If users have any questions or suggestions regarding our privacy policy, please contact us at: tothepc[at]yahoo[dot]com

11. lido2010

lido2010 Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for reply..
    as you said .. sooner the better..
    but why google not give us exact time at which they will be serious about our Privacy Policy?

12. tlainevool

tlainevool Guest

Best Answers:
    This is what I have put together.

If you want to use it, go ahead. If you have any suggestions or comments about it, let me know.

13. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Since When? since google updated their policies. You should put is as early as you can though they don't have any deadline.

Abhik, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  14. passinthru

passinthru Peon

Best Answers:
    Meh, I'm not going to bother with it at all. If I get a warning (or banned haha) I'll let you guys know.

passinthru, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  15. toocoolamit

toocoolamit Guest

Best Answers:
    New terms & conditions will apply from 31st May so we have time for it.

toocoolamit, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  16. d_d1618

d_d1618 Active Member

Best Answers:
    as you accept there new privacy policy you need to put privacy policy on your site as soon as possible

d_d1618, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  17. tlainevool

tlainevool Guest

Best Answers:
    Actually you have up until May 31 to accept the terms. They take effect as soon as you accept them.

18. Pal

Pal Active Member

Best Answers:
    what about blogspot blogs?or other blog services?

Pal, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  19. tobycoke

tobycoke Peon

Best Answers:
    Posting a privacy policy is easy so why not do it and keep the Google Gods happy? Just grab an existing one and copy-paste with minor modifications.

tobycoke, Mar 1, 2008 IP
  20. massiva

massiva Active Member

Best Answers:
    here is how I set my Privacy Policy. I think this is more than OK:

PRIVACY POLICY
    We respect your privacy and we are committed to safeguarding your privacy while online at our site http://yoursite.com. The following discloses the information gathering and dissemination practices for this Web site. Our privacy policy is in plain English and will only take a few moments to read and understand.

Site Tracking

We have a simple web statistics program running that tracks how many times each page is visited. When you visit a page, information is logged that contains your domain name (aol.com, for example), date, time, and pages visited. There is no personally identifiable information. The information we collect is:

- Used to improve the content on our site
    - Never shared with other organizations for commercial purposes

Email Addresses

We log your email address in three situations:

- “YourSite” Newsletter – We keep track of email addresses when people sign up for our newsletter. The email address you enter for the newsletter will never be sold or transferred to any other organization. You have the ability to unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time. The form for subscribing and unsubscribing to the newsletter are available on this site and are included in every email that is sent out.

- Email Page to a Friend - We log each time someone uses this feature to track how many times it is used, by whom, and from what page. We do this to make sure that someone doesn't abuse the feature by sending multiple emails from the site to the same person. The information is discarded monthly and will never be sold or transferred to any other organization.

- Add Comment to a story - We keep track of email addresses when people uses this feature. We do this to make sure that someone doesn't abuse the feature. “YOURSITE” will never divulge your name & email to anyone.
    If for any reason you receive an email from us and you do not want to receive e-mail from us in the future, please let us know by sending e-mail to .

Cookies
    Cookies are a method of tracking information you enter on a web site using a file on your computer. We do use a cookie to log whether you've visited the site before. No personal information is written to the cookie at all. It is primarily used to save you time by automatically populating forms in our discussion forum, and other locations on the site.

Our site don’t use cookies. However, Some of our business partners use cookies on our site (for example, advertisers). However, we have no access to or control over these cookies, once we have given permission for them to set cookies for advertising.

Links
    This site contains links to other web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any other site.

How You Can Contact Us
    We can be reached via our contact e-mail to .

Complaints
    If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact The DMA's Committee on Ethical Business Practices at , state or local chapters of the Better Business Bureau, The Federal Trade Commission by phone at 202.FTC-HELP (202.382.4357) or electronically at http://www.ftc.gov/ftc/complaint.htm.

massiva, Mar 1, 2008 IP