1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Stage6 Alternative

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Review, Feb 28, 2008.

Well, Stage6 was very bad news but theres no point living in the past, it's time to look for alternatives. I was searching my best friend Google (even though they owe me $200~ and i met payout last month :mad:) and I found this site listed in one of the Yahoo answers I bumped into. It's called Vimeo.

You upload your videos with the good uploader that doesnt seem to break like some of the other low-quality video sites. Once uploaded your video is converted to SWF and is then playable in Vimeo player. I bolded converted to SWF as I want to come back to that, yesterday I uploaded a video and I actually sat in a waiting line for 400 minutes to get mine converted but they had a massive surge of users from Stage6 coming over.

They seem really strict on copyrighted information being uploaded so I'm proxying in just in case when I upload and I'm not going to lie I broke their TOS intentionally. I heard the copyrighted information is removed pretty fast.

Anyway, for a quality test and no initial plug is intended for my site here, but as the majority watch Prison Break you can grasp the concept of the quality.

http://viewprisonbreak.com/season-3-...t-of-the-deal/

Not bad huh? Like, not bad at all :D

The new stage6?
    I honestly think it depends how they stick to their current "mission statement" of cracking down on copyrighted information.

Review, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  2. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Review, the other day i was asking about alternatives to stage6, il check this out.

pipes, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  3. Review

Review Peon

Best Answers:
    I think I may have found a site too that allows you to upload/embed and stream divx in it's original format:
    http://blip.tv/

It also has the choice of converting your videos to flash.
    Uploader is pretty fast too.

Review, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  4. salaxzar

salaxzar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    try joox.net ....

salaxzar, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  5. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Is stage6 possibly staying after all? i thought it was completely disappearing within a few days when i first read of it during the week.

pipes, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  6. kaung

kaung Twitter @KaungKo

Best Answers:
    I heard they say they're not going to let new registers and stuff and giving few weeks .. probably they will take down when their server colocation for the month's up.

kaung, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  7. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I guess thats about the best way to do it, its a shame really, can understand it though if its really expensive for them, will be sad to see it go, even though i only recently found it.

pipes, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  8. Review

Review Peon

Best Answers:
    Vimeo is too strict and deleted my Prison Break Video withing hours.

Review, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  9. billabong

billabong Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe what S6 suggest... Veoh?

billabong, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  10. digitalduke

digitalduke Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest veoh too

regards
    d.d

digitalduke, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  11. Kintanon

Kintanon Peon

Best Answers:
    There's an article over at the Tech Empire that has a bunch of alternatives listed. I haven't tried them all yet but it has quite a few I had never heard of before. http://www.techemperor.com/2008/02/29/stage6-we-hardly-knew-ye/ hopefully some of them will be almost as good as Stage6 though nothing can ever really replace it.

Kintanon, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  12. evm

evm Peon

Best Answers:
    personally i think www.divxvine.com is the best, you can upload your video and then use the code it generates to add to your website, you can also just watch it directly.

evm, Mar 1, 2008 IP