1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can I get 20 fold?

Discussion in 'Sites' started by mcmuney, Feb 29, 2008.

I launched my first EBAY affiliate site on 2/03/08 and my CJ balance as of 2/28/08 is $474.

I added Adsense on 2/17/08 and the balance as of right now is $34. Averages $0.50/click.

The total for the first month is $508.

I just wanted to get an idea of how a site like this can sell for? Is $508 x 20 reasonable or asking too much? Keep in mind that this was earned with no advertising costs and with very minimal effort.

mcmuney, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  2. crumblepie

crumblepie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Well 500 x 20 makes 10000 and most people here on DP wouldn't be able to afford it :p

You could probably sell it for at least 5 times the revenue if you can show proof of revenue. But sitepoint might bring in more buyers.

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I guess it is since you're considering to sell it :)

crumblepie, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  3. schleven

schleven Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have seen sites that are consistent earners for over a year earn up to 20 times the monthly revenue, but on a brand new site, you will be lucky to even get 5 times your monthly revenue.

I would suggest keeping it and selling it after a year for a larger sum. I would bet right now, you would be lucky to get 2 to 3 times revenue.

schleven, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  4. mcmuney

mcmuney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    Thanks fellas. I'm actually very surprised at the results for the first month and would like to see how the earnings trend in the upcoming months. Proving the stats and revenue is not a problem (I might post them here depending on how the thread goes), but 3-5 will be giving it away in my opinion.

mcmuney, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  5. mcmuney

mcmuney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    I have some updated stats for this site. Per some of the suggestions, I will hold the site for a few more months before putting up for an official sale.

Feb - $529.64 (first launched)
    Mar - $673.06
    Apr - $1475.94 (still have 2 days remaining)

I'm sure glad that I didn't consider selling for 3-5 fold.

mcmuney, Apr 29, 2008 IP