1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Increase payments by filtering your best paying ads.

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Volvospeed, Feb 28, 2008.

Just thought I would share a small tip I figured out about a year ago and have been using since. This only works if you are a very targeted site in a small market but it does work quit well. Lets say you are a very specialty shop like film scanners. You look over your site and notice several fairly small shops are targeting your site because they only sell film scanner repair parts, as well as several huge photo stores like B&H, 17th street and so on. 17th street and B&H are too big to monitor so this trick will not work on them. But of the smaller vendors who are paying a premium to target your site block a couple of them with the completive ad filter. If they monitor there stats they will see they are getting no impressions and usually assume its due to CTP. If this is the case they will usually try to raise their budget to regain the traffic they are used to. So after 2-3 days of filtering them remove the filter. As long as you have other vendors targeting your site you should not see a drop in your revenue the days you have the filters active, and a big spike after you remove them. I have done this on several sites and it works very well for specialty ones. Even on medium sized sites I can usually boost income 5-10 dollars a day with this trick.

Volvospeed, Feb 28, 2008 IP
    alephh likes this.
  2. shabbirbhimani

shabbirbhimani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looks good and thanks for sharing.

shabbirbhimani, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  3. IndyaTalk

IndyaTalk Banned

Best Answers:
    Great suggestions for increasing revenue. Thanks for that.

IndyaTalk, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  4. godmode

godmode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ahha nice trick to pi$$ off those MFA. Lets take the money outta MFA stealers for good :D

godmode, Feb 29, 2008 IP
    Jarodboy likes this.
  5. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Nice info.. there.
    But it may decrease your earnings too.

Abhik, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  6. cool_78

cool_78 Guest

Best Answers:
    Great tip! I'll look into it :)

cool_78, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  7. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Nice idea dude, i've never thought of that before. May be a bit risky, but seems to work in theory.

Jarodboy, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  8. Volvospeed

Volvospeed Active Member

Best Answers:
    Never had a single measurable decrease from it. Lets face it. Most ads look the same to people who clicks ads. So "Buy film parts here" and "Repair parts for your film scanner" all look the same. Key is just making sure you do not block too many sites. If you do the other vendors just get an increase in impressions. Or so has been my experience.

Volvospeed, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  9. geekology

geekology Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are gaining due to this its good... but regarding If they monitor there stats they will see they are getting no impressions and usually assume its due to CTP. If this is the case they will usually try to raise their budget to regain the traffic they are used to. I think adwords provides an option for advertiser to see who has blocked your site in competitive ad filter and who hasn't

geekology, Feb 29, 2008 IP
  10. master_06

master_06 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have done this very nice tips of yours. I managed my competitive filter but the problem is that those low paying ads keep on coming and it is hard for me to see through it everyday and manage about 35 sites plus other jobs that I do.

Do you guys have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance. :)

master_06, Feb 29, 2008 IP