1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to increase the time a competitors site stays in the sandbox?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by riteon, Feb 28, 2006.

I have a friend who is aware that one of his competitors has just set up a website. The domain name was bought in Nov 05 and has not yet been spidered by google. When you type site:domain.com - it is blank. Is there any way of stalling the sites progress? or is this a question that shouldn't be asked? ;)

Thanks in advance

R

riteon, Feb 28, 2006 IP
    Old Welsh Guy likes this.
  2. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd tell your friend that if his content was deserving of remaining above his competitors, then it will stay there. What's he got to be scared of? May the person with the better site rise to the top.

mdvaldosta, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  3. mehbooba

mehbooba Peon

Best Answers:

"picking up jaw from the floor".....

.......i really cant believe 'your friend' is asking such a question.

to attempt to do what 'your friend' is asking is underhanded, unethical and downright wrong.

mehbooba, Feb 28, 2006 IP
    1 person likes this.
  4. kneukm03

kneukm03 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The answers are:

1) No one knows, people don't have much clue how the sandbox works.
    2) Even if you could do something, it might shoot yourself in the foot later on (if you give them more links, what happens when they come out? They're even more ahead of you)
    3) It doesn't even sound like he's STARTED the sandbox period if he hasn't been crawled yet.
    4) And yeah, you probably shouldn't be asking the question. :)

kneukm03, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  5. Elearn-uni

Elearn-uni Peon

Best Answers:
    That's way out of line and you shouldn't be seeking such advice. Would be a sad day if you actually find the answer to 'that one':eek:

Elearn-uni, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  6. speakerwire

speakerwire Peon

Best Answers:
    It seems to me that you are asking how to implement cyber sabotage. This is something that is not usually talked about here and is not supported. Maybe topics have started about this when someone thinks that sabotage has happened to them, but I doubt very many people would give you advice on how to do it to someone else.

Why not just beat them fair and square? But up better content, optimize better, out market them, and your friend will win anyway. In the end, the search engines will (or should) determine which is the better site and determine the winner based on rankings.

speakerwire, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  7. Brad Callen

Brad Callen Peon

Best Answers:
    The DP forum is about helping people with their SEO and achieving more success. Not about attempting to stop someone else.

Though there are forums around there based on this technique, Its part of teh "Black Hatting" community.

Asking for trouble though, why not just spend the effort on your own site.

Brad

Brad Callen, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  8. riteon

riteon Peon

Best Answers:
    <rant>

I think any of the people who just red rapped me are out of line - especially the one who's opening gambit was "Dishonest A$$hole". Did you not take a look at my previous posts before you made judgement on me? It was a simple question - not indicative of any action, but out of curiosity.

The responses/feedback was fine but red-rapping was uncalled for, and not fair.

<\rant>

I trust that you, Brad, felt that the your response was enough without a red-rap. Or am I wrong in presuming that?

R

riteon, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  9. tfraymond

tfraymond Active Member

Best Answers:
    Of course, you could simply turn this around: What does the competitor have to do to stall "your friend's" web site, or have it ranked poorly, or dropped?

If "your friend" can do that to a competitor, someone else can do this to your friend. Is that really what you want?

tfraymond, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  10. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    a good professional who creates his own value service or value products never fears competition but enjoys competition as it encourages to better quality and better ethics
    there is ample space for all to succeed on this planet
    the one who acts faster is the one who may succeed earlier
    each in HIS true specialty he really loves to do
    without copying each other
    without cloning each other's ideas
    without copyright infringements - without even thinking of competitors at all
    just by focusing on doing a job as good as possible and next time even better

like it works alrady quiet near-perfect in most normal areas of daily life, like bakeries, pizza, car wash, medical services, etc
    share the work and share the joy to work and to make customers happy ...
    2 can make 2 tiimes more customers happy
    2 "competing" business can make them more happy because they both need better quality to succeed

hans, Feb 28, 2006 IP