1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting web design..but templates expensive for me

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by sonjapetrovski20, Feb 28, 2006.

Hello,

I am Sonja. I am a new web designer and I must create a website for my uncle's transporting company. I looked some tutorials that say something for website templates. I went to google and found templatemonster.com. They are very good templates and business but for me the money is more than i can pay. I dont want free template because my uncle wants good quality. Can anyone help to find something with less money?

Thanks,
    Sonja

sonjapetrovski20, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Go to get-a-freelancer.com and submit a project for the money you want to spend. Chances are someone somewhere in the world will accept your project for the price you can afford.

If your uncle wants quality though, he needs to back that up with money.

T0PS3O, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  3. Mister Tut

Mister Tut Guest

Best Answers:
    There are quality free templates. Rather than looking for freebies by companies that typically charge, try looking into open source templates. I've used them, but I don't know any URLs at the moment. Google can help you there.

You may also want to look at something like Joomla! which is also open source, but is more of a CMS, or OS Commerce, an Open Source online retail CMS. These can be skinned.

Mister Tut, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  4. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    iatbm, Feb 28, 2006 IP
    Mister Tut likes this.
  5. Mister Tut

Mister Tut Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, www.oswd.org is what I was thinking of, but those are all great resources.

6. sonjapetrovski20

sonjapetrovski20 Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont like all templates there thanks although, I need a special category for my uncles website I said you it is a transporting company, there is no transporting websites there as I looked, only in templatemonster I have found the special one with trucks on top.

7. Mister Tut

Mister Tut Guest

Best Answers:
    I guess you are a very new web designer if you can't add a simple image into an existing template.

I guess you need to go the tutorial route. I have no real recommendations there.

8. stuw

stuw Peon

Best Answers:
    Do your uncle a favour and get someone else to do the site. If you are so new to this it's unlikely that your first website will be a huge sucess.

There is no substitute for experience. I'd recommend you try and make as many websites about things you enjoy or have knowledge about to help you learn, before taking on a job where you have to sucseed.

stuw, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  9. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    Template monster templates are like $50 , thats too much money?

ferret77, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  10. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    maybe you should rent some host with fantastico and there you have templates from soho.....

iatbm, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  11. sonjapetrovski20

sonjapetrovski20 Peon

Best Answers:
    I found one template at templatemonster with trucks on top, but the money is many. It is 60$. I take 500$ from my uncle and want to pay 20-30 for a business template. That's good business! Why stop?

12. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    look ... where will you host that company page ... usually when you purchase space for your page there is also fantastico board and you have templates there with trucks also :) just buy some fantastico host and you are ok ...

iatbm, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  13. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Rod, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  14. Mister Tut

Mister Tut Guest

Best Answers:
    Listen to Stuw. If you can't even add a graphic to a template, how are you going to build a site out of the template you buy?

15. cheap-templates

cheap-templates Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear Sonja,
    If you want to buy a specific templatemonster template, go to my website www.templategarden.NET and buy it with a 20% discount. In general , if you want cheap affordable website templates from templatemonster, go www.templategarden.NET, we are official templatemonster resellers.
    We currently have a 20% discount on all templatemonster templates :D
    Hope we helped!

cheap-templates, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  16. cheap-templates

cheap-templates Peon

Best Answers:
    and I forgot to mention, you can get templatemonster templates with 20% discount and pay with paypal if that is your preferred method of payment.
    So, how's your uncles site going? If you decide to buy a template eventually, feel free to ask for assistance! We have all been through this stage before and know how hard it is not to quit.

cheap-templates, Mar 1, 2006 IP