1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is better for traffic? SERPS?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Caydel, Feb 28, 2006.

Hello!

I am currently debating whether to pay for links or directory submissions right now. My goal is to increase Google traffic, or traffic in general, to my pages, and I was wondering what would be better for my SERPS - lots of directory links, or fewer targeted links on related pages? In short, I am debating whether to use Westhaven's linkbuilding service or amitpatel's directory submission service. Also, is there anything else you can think of to increase traffic to my pages? I am hard pressed for content-writing time, and don't really want to pay for content writing yet. I can do a page or so per day for the SF review site...

here are the URLs:

http://www.allaboutdolphins.net
    http://www.sfreview.net

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

P.S I am not particularily worried about PR at this point - the dolphin site has PR5 now, and the sfreviews site is new - I figure good links will lead to PR eventually....

Caydel, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  2. mobilebay

mobilebay Active Member

Best Answers:
    cool site , sponsered spelt wrong should be sponsored , i have tried to get as many recip links without trading, heavy penalties if clocked.

mobilebay, Feb 28, 2006 IP
    Caydel likes this.
  3. Caydel

Caydel Peon

Best Answers:
    lol thanks for pointing that out. That has been there for 4 weeks, and I have never noticed it!

Caydel, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  4. cpvr

cpvr Guest

Best Answers:
    Serps brings in traffic, so focus on that.

cpvr, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  5. angelfire

angelfire Peon

Best Answers:
    Ranking good in search engines attracts quality traffic and making it more visible to your targeted visitors by promotions can also make a difference.

angelfire, Mar 1, 2006 IP
  6. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Think of it this way.
    Tomorrow if I make a site which is related to yours and want to take over your 1 ranks in search engines , I will have to either "Buy" links or "submit" to directories.
    At a low budget which one do you think would be difficult for me ?
    "Get yourself links which are difficult for your competition to replicate..."

Secondly you already know that google has been giving very less importance to reciprocal links which was not the case an year ago. You never know when links from directories will become obsolete specially when they are easy to get and almost every webmaster goes for it. ( Everybody went for recip links didn't they?)
    I don't say that don't get directory links but don't depend totally on them for SERP's .
    Those are the best ones for initial PR .

Third , Paid links are on google's hit list. See if a service can get you links from within the content of sites instead of getting footer links which you paid for. Footer links , site wide links etc. will probably get detected as paid links which are google's top priority to "exclude".
    Go for these only if available in Bulk and for a low price so at least a few are counted if not all.

You already know about sudden link increase penalty ...
    A few hundred links in a short while with same anchor text are the best bate for "the penalty animal". If you go for paid directory submission service or a link building service make sure this does not happen to you.

Regards
    jeet

JEET, Mar 1, 2006 IP
    JoyGoRound likes this.
  7. Nerz

Nerz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think its getting to the point that you seriously have to do everything currently considered "useful" if you want to rank highly, especially on google, which seems far more critical than MSN for instance.

Also keep in mind that while link building might somewhat of a lost cause for Google...there still good for Yahoo and MSN from what i understand..and some traffic is better than no traffic. Theres also a slight chance someone might actually visit these directories and see your link...Perhaps it stands out from the crowd.

Really you have to do everything at some point for maximum effect.

I would say if you want your visitors to stay, natural links and serps are the best bet. Hits from advertising are often fly by night...more like fly by second.

There in and then out...straight away..preferably going out on an adsense link :) Theyve used bandwidth after all..they should pay for it! :p

Nerz, Mar 1, 2006 IP
  8. rehash

rehash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "fewer targeted links on related pages" , but how are you going to get those?

rehash, Mar 1, 2006 IP
  9. Caydel

Caydel Peon

Best Answers:
    A good linkbuilding service will do that.

Caydel, Mar 1, 2006 IP
  10. zita

zita Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Using free traffic methods, you can expose your website or product by millions of people. There are several ways of getting free traffic to your very own website. You can follow following methods:
    1. Content And Distribution: Submit articles to sites like eZines which will use and distribute your article.
    2. SEO Traffic: Search engine optimization is probably the most popular and best way to get consistent targeted traffic to your website.
    3. Online Communities: Community websites are great as a free traffic source. You can post forums, blogs etc..
    4. Craigslist: With Craiglist, you can post up ads for free. Google loves Craigslist and your ads can be indexed within about twenty-four hours.

zita, Oct 27, 2012 IP
  11. zita

zita Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Using free traffic methods, you can build traffic to a website and expose your website or product by millions of people. There are several ways of getting free traffic to your very own website. You can follow following methods:
    1. Content And Distribution: Submit articles to sites like eZines which will use and distribute your article.
    2. SEO Traffic: Search engine optimization is probably the most popular and best way to get consistent targeted traffic to your website.
    3. Online Communities: Community websites are great as a free traffic source. You can post forums, blogs etc..
    4. Craigslist: With Craiglist, you can post up ads for free. Google loves Craigslist and your ads can be indexed within about twenty-four hours.

zita, Oct 29, 2012 IP
  12. saritayadav

saritayadav Peon

Best Answers:
    there are many way to getting traffic free...such as classified, bookmarking, directory and some other tricks ..

saritayadav, Oct 29, 2012 IP
  13. gusher08

gusher08 Active Member

Best Answers:
    try linkwheel link building strategy, it's cool

gusher08, Oct 30, 2012 IP
  14. tkyles1009

tkyles1009 Member

Best Answers:
    How familiar are you with video marketing? You can also use social networking a few updates a day can do a lot for your traffic flow especially with Facebook

tkyles1009, Oct 30, 2012 IP
  15. young_custom_programmer

young_custom_programmer Member

Best Answers:
    Mmmm. For link building, I'm going to build a bot that searches for my keywords and then finds DO FOLLOW logs and then leave my comments and links on the blogs' comment section. No, not building a spam tool as the comment the bot posts will provide feedback such as what keywords were used to find their blogs and what number ranks they were in the SERP, etc. So basically, the bot would provide the blog feedback on the commenting section and then leave my link. If anybody's interested in this bot then drop me a PM and it'll encourage me to build it as I'm still wondering whether I should build it or not.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
    young_custom_programmer, Oct 31, 2012 IP
  16. Gaurav01

Gaurav01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Gaurav01, Oct 31, 2012 IP
  17. TroyAdams

TroyAdams Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Directory- only use keyword anchor text when the actual page it is on has pr 4 +, as over use of anchor text on low pr sites can result in google penalties.

TroyAdams, Nov 1, 2012 IP
  18. prasanth5

prasanth5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure you build your SERPS in a gradual manner. Submitting to free classifieds is also not a bad idea. There are some very good free classified sites whose pages rank very high in Google. Directory submission also helps a lot.

prasanth5, Nov 2, 2012 IP
  19. justmarble95

justmarble95 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi

Social Networking site is better for the SERP.

justmarble95, Nov 3, 2012 IP
  20. Avisblr

Avisblr Member

Best Answers:
    Hire someone to post it on free classifieds sites. It will give you more backlinks as well as boost your SERP.

Avisblr, Nov 6, 2012 IP